well as most people in the north know it's way too cold to go outside to paint a guitar. I have a room in the basement of my house that isn't finished and is pretty empty, only 1 thing our furnance is in there along with our washer and dryer. i really want to paint it but need somewhere 2 do it
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
I would put a fan in there for ventilation, so u dont pass out or die if u dont have a mask or respirator-type thing. Otherwise, hang a tarp in there, maybe add something to hang the guitar from, and you should be good.
You can paint inside. Just don't make the sessions too long. Or you could wear a mask and have a fan blowing. And crack the basement window when your done.
Quote by AthenasGhost
So... What's your question? Or did you just feel like telling us that.

threads don't have to be questions dip****, but really what was my question?
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
As long as you dont mind the lingering smell of paint and thinner its ok to paint inside. You can try keeping the paint can and guitar inside where its warm until you want to paint. Go outside shoot it quick then bring it back inside. As long as the part and paint is warm shouldnt be to big a problem.
O.o isn't spray paint flammable? and he said there's a furnace in the room?....

I don't see that becoming a good mix.
I spray in my basement all the time I just keep a fan blowing the air out, and the air filter running and it's all good. My basement/shop is a pretty good place to spray because its a good temperature/humidity, not much dust, and I don't have to worry about my guitars being outside. Not all spray paint is flammable, I use waterbased poly to do my work which is completely harmless/unscented(atleast not that bad.) Nitro on the other hand is explosive. It should be fine though. I sprayed my first guitar with Nitro in my small furnace room. It probably wasn't the best idea but I made sure I kept it ventilated.
Quote by carousel182
I spray in my basement all the time I just keep a fan blowing the air out, and the air filter running and it's all good. My basement/shop is a pretty good place to spray because its a good temperature/humidity, not much dust, and I don't have to worry about my guitars being outside. Not all spray paint is flammable, I use waterbased poly to do my work which is completely harmless/unscented(atleast not that bad.) Nitro on the other hand is explosive. It should be fine though. I sprayed my first guitar with Nitro in my small furnace room. It probably wasn't the best idea but I made sure I kept it ventilated.

lol, probably wasn't a great idea to spray nitro in that room.... but at least you didn't learn from it the hard way. Yup your right their is some non flammable paint. I just check my airbrush stash, and I got a mix of flammable and non flammable. Seems i use the non flammable more... because it works better. *shrugs*