I'd call that medium-low action personally. i've found you can get lower action with higher gauge strings because the extra tension means they don't vibrate as widely, so they don't buzz against the upper frets.
but some forumers were saying 2 mm action is high... and thats 2.528/32 inches

if i go to 9's will their be fret buzz? ( i have 10's) now
Last edited by Acquiescence at Feb 18, 2008,
Quote by Acquiescence

Some people are retarded.

Just set the action to however feels comfortable to you.
Quote by Acquiescence

if i go to 9's will their be fret buzz? ( i have 10's) now

2mm action high? wtf... no, that's low action. those guys must have their strings practically sitting on their frets. if there's no buzz now you probably won't have buzz with 9s unless you play hard, but if 10s feel good to you i wouldn't change to 9s. of course, i prefer heavier strings. 10 is as light as i go. feel free to experiment and see if 9s work better for you, but don't be afraid to try heavier strings as well. i'm trying to decide between 12s and 13s for my electric right now, i like high tension. my action's right around 3mm too.
on the low E my action is 2mm, but it also is on the high E, because if i go any lower it buzzes on the 5th 6th and 7th fret
Quote by chickenx5
on the low E my action is 2mm, but it also is on the high E, because if i go any lower it buzzes on the 5th 6th and 7th fret

well apparently my action is already low so i guess you don't have to worry about yours
Why are you measuring the action, anyway?

Just set it to whatever is comfortable and play the damn guitar.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Why are you measuring the action, anyway?

Just set it to whatever is comfortable and play the damn guitar.

wondering if switching to 9's would lower action