Seriously they are the ****tiest guitars i've ever used or seen. I have one so I should know. My advice is NEVER to buy a guitar off of the TV. I was a naive noob when I got it.
I also have one. It is the black solid body Les Paul rip-off and it sucks. I also advise nobody to buy one they are complete garbage.
One thing that should be said though is the little G-10 amp that comes with the package is actually better then a Marshall MG!

Edit: You guys should also take it in for a setup. For $25 I had my action lowered and a set of martin sp 11 strings put on it. It's now just as good as anything selling for $150. It's worth it to have the work done and decent strings put on.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Feb 18, 2008,
Hey Ranos, I have that same exact guitar. It is crap. I lowered the action on it and it plays a BIT better, not much. I'm afraid to put in heavier string than 9-42 and i'm afraid to bend
"The ****" = good.
"****" = bad.

I wish UG didn't censor... sigh.

Oh and yeah, they blow.
i was watching HSN when i was bored today and saw him selling that guitar....he was good but the guitar was kind of twangy and didn't sound set right, he was sitting there and saying wow listen to the sound of this. that man is crazy.
I just sent mine back to the company , and got a full refund! I bought it 1 month short of the warranty running out , I purchased it not to play ,but for the 57 Chevy Nostalga thing, The 18th fret popped out, the low E tuning key nut would not tighten ,the plastic pegs that hold the stings in snapped in half, and the fretboard really slanted downward on the last 5 frets ! The action was very high and killed your fingers,it needed work to lower the strings I was surprised when I spoke to them , they asked me if I wanted another guitar ,I said NO, I wanted a refund, so I sent the whole package back, guitar,amp,tapes,strap,picks,videos,polishing cloth, I'm glad I got my money back !! A cheap Fender ,Yamaha,guild is a better value!! Don't get ripped off
Esteban is fricken' nuts - while I don't own any guitar from him, I own a chord/theory book, and it is not bad at all. Some of the fingering on the chords he uses are intense, but either than that, it's a good a book as any to learn from, I s'pose.
Este-shlong That guy must be the sleaziest human on the planet!
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
I watch Esteban on the HSN because it's so damn funny. On one he was playing along with his band and the intonation was so off it made everything he played past the 8th fret out of tune HORRIBLY.

"There is no difference between this 120 dollar package and my 6,000 custom made"
Again, that may be true, and if it is, truly hilarious.

But like I said, music theory and chords are music theory and chords, and his book does the job fine. I can see what you mean though, about his guitar.

If there is no difference between the starter pack and his custom, I'm thinking he might just be using one of his own starter guitars, sharpie'd his signature on the headstock, and spent the rest on cocaine/heroin/illegal narcotics.
Quote by bullets34
"The ****" = good.
"****" = bad.

^^^
And yes, the one Esteban I've played was a steaming dump. My grampa gets all riled up at the mention of the guy's name, he'll even start telling stories.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
I got married last year and the wifes ex bought her daughter one. She brings this thing out and say's "can you tune it for me". I told sure leave it there and I will get to it tomorrow. I took it to work and gave it to one of my poor co workers for his daughter. then bought her a nice Fender. Told her it was tuned. They all just looked at me like I was nutz.
Quote by Sin City Sid
I got married last year and the wifes ex bought her daughter one. She brings this thing out and say's "can you tune it for me". I told sure leave it there and I will get to it tomorrow. I took it to work and gave it to one of my poor co workers for his daughter. then bought her a nice Fender. Told her it was tuned. They all just looked at me like I was nutz.

You, sir, are awesome.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
I wasn't gonna tune that thing every 25 seconds.

I played it for a few seconds and realized the wood was so bad that a cat fight with a couple big dogs thrown in for good measure sounded better. I think it was the worse acoustic I ever heard.
I have one of his American Legacy guitars. Piece. Of. ****.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
I think that walmart guitars are really ****y too.
My brother had one and I smashed it and set it on fire
Quote by Rhoads_1096
I think that walmart guitars are really ****y too.
My brother had one and I smashed it and set it on fire

Lol, that dude I gave that Estaban to bought his daughter a first act strat from walmart. Now he's got two crappy guitars, if you can call them guitars.