i think i already know the answer to this but...
is it possible to lower the action on a les paul without taking the strings off? any help would be appreciated.
if you take the strings off you won't know how low to go
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
see the knobs on the bridge, on the posts? Turn those to adjust the action while the strings are loosened.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
loosen the strings, wind down the screws on the bridge, then tighten up the strings to see what your action is. Repeat as necessary.
on the bridge there should be two knobs that you can move either up or down can you see what i'm takling about?

edit- i meant screw holes my bad
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
so basically adjust screw the screws that hold the bridge up to where i want the action to be.
Quote by takingfire21
so basically adjust screw the screws that hold the bridge up to where i want the action to be.

exactly
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
Quote by takingfire21

yes.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.