So, me and my band broke up a while back, but I was messing around on our old myspace account and we had a message. Turns out its a Chicago music booker. Shes currently booking a venue for a blues festival or something. She thinks our sound will fit. the gig, would be on friday, but in doing that, I would be getting my old band together and try to write some more material.

Advice or stories of a similar dillema?
All this in less than a week? Sounds tough, but you could do it as long as every one is down to reunite.

Firstly however, make sure the booker is legit.
all band myspace under certain genres get those exact message.
my band gets them all the time for an acoustic gig in chinatown thats hosted at the end of every month. congrats but it doesnt make you special
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Yeah +1 to the make sure its legit thing. I've gotten tons of those "booking agent" messages on Myspace for the band I'm in. Make sure its the real deal before doing anything else.
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
just say hey we got a gig want to play it, then see if we still want to break up
A blues band from Chicago, getting the band back together? Sounds like it would be a good movie.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Don't even talk to your ex-bandmates. Show up at the gig, and curse your other band members for not showing out loud. When you're told to go on, that's when you bust out the most epic blues solo in the history of music.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by wtf290
Don't even talk to your ex-bandmates. Show up at the gig, and curse your other band members for not showing out loud. When you're told to go on, that's when you bust out the most epic blues solo in the history of music.

By Jove, He's got it!
Quote by its_alive
Wow. After reading that post, I realized I described The Blues Brothers.

But yeah, I went to this bookers myspace and it seems pretty legit.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=277575508

Bigtime Entertainment is a hack, my band's gotten messages from them ans Amy@Chi, neither are actual booking agencys.
Last edited by stringmagician at Feb 18, 2008,
Quote by element4433
A blues band from Chicago, getting the band back together? Sounds like it would be a good movie.

I think I found the perfect guys for the part!