Page 1 of 2
#1
Here. This is so stupid. Russia and China need to get over themselves. They're both just afraid of losing power.
#3
Poor Kosovo. They deserve sovereignty so much and now there's all this dispute.
BTW, can I recommend we have a stickied "Current World Affairs" thread or something?
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it


O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
#4
Quote by Spamwise
Here. This is so stupid. Russia and China need to get over themselves. They're both just afraid of losing power.


Perhaps the United States and Europe should get over themselves.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
#5
Quote by BlackLuster
Poor Kosovo. They deserve sovereignty so much and now there's all this dispute.
BTW, can I recommend we have a stickied "Current World Affairs" thread or something?

yeah really. the US put over a thousand soldiers there though to help deter either country from trying anything.

and good idea



Perhaps the United States and Europe should get over themselves

because helping a country get independance is so terrible
#6
Quote by Spamwise
Here. This is so stupid. Russia and China need to get over themselves. They're both just afraid of losing power.



Lol it realy is the other way round....
MASSIVE TEXT
#7
I'm still mixed on the idea though; it seems whenever a country gains it's independence something usually goes wrong. It's happened before with places like India, Pakistan, Blangladesh.
Then again, the USA gave it a fairly decent stab and came off for the better, so who knows. All I DO know is that the Serbian government isn't going to let this lie.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it


O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
#8
Quote by Spamwise
yeah really. the US put over a thousand soldiers there though to help deter either country from trying anything.

and good idea


because helping a country get independance is so terrible



Yeah cause we done such a great job on our last 2 atempts...
MASSIVE TEXT
#9
Quote by Muckle
Lol it realy is the other way round....

how so?


Yeah cause we done such a great job on our last 2 atempts...

we're not actually liberating them, so..
#10
Quote by Muphin
Perhaps the United States and Europe should get over themselves.


Exactly what are Europe and the united states doing related to the subject at hand that offends you?

Recognizing Kosovo as a country rather than a rebel division of Serbia is so wrong?
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
#11
The power of the world is shifting east, Russia is back on its feet, and growing strongly. It has europe by the balls due gazprom. While china has become a massive economic and military power that is still growing everyday...
MASSIVE TEXT
#12
Quote by Spamwise
because helping a country get independance is so terrible


It's not a bad thing, but I'd prefer if my country (the U.S.) let people be and stopped trying to interfere in foreign affairs (unless they ask of course). We called on France to aid us in our independence, but they wouldn't have bothered with us without us seeking their help.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
#13
Quote by Muckle
Yeah cause we done such a great job on our last 2 atempts...


Technically those were eradication missions and W.M.D treasure hunts. Yes we were told that a liberation was at hand, but obviously that was not the main goal. I don't think we have or ever had a goal let alone a concrete reason.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
#14
Quote by Muckle
The power of the world is shifting east, Russia is back on its feet, and growing strongly. It has europe by the balls due gazprom. While china has become a massive economic and military power that is still growing everyday...


Good thing, as I'm personally sick of Americans thinking we're so high and mighty. The pompous attitudes of patriotism here really gets to me.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
#15
Quote by scarfacesuit
It's not a bad thing, but I'd prefer if my country (the U.S.) let people be and stopped trying to interfere in foreign affairs (unless they ask of course). We called on France to aid us in our independence, but they wouldn't have bothered with us without us seeking their help.

a country like kosovo needs a country like the US to back them. without foreign support, their independence would quickly be crushed.

Good thing, as I'm personally sick of Americans thinking we're so high and mighty. The pompous attitudes of patriotism here really gets to me.

patriotism is a good thing. too much isn't, though. i've never met a person like that.
#16
Quote by scarfacesuit
Good thing, as I'm personally sick of Americans thinking we're so high and mighty. The pompous attitudes of patriotism here really gets to me.


Ya, I'm sure your day would be a ray of sunshine if china and Russia surprised attacked us.

I'm not saying they have those intentions but your post makes me think you want usa to get attacked because you don't agree with the current leadership and code of ethics.

I'm sure a couple million dead will ease your suffering.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
#17
Quote by Spamwise
a country like kosovo needs a country like the US to back them. without foreign support, their independence would quickly be crushed.


patriotism is a good thing. too much isn't, though. i've never met a person like that.


See, I live in bum**** Georgia where everyone is a redneck asshole. All hail Jesus while we murder Iraqis!! It's ridiculous.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
#18
Quote by scarfacesuit
It's not a bad thing, but I'd prefer if my country (the U.S.) let people be and stopped trying to interfere in foreign affairs (unless they ask of course). We called on France to aid us in our independence, but they wouldn't have bothered with us without us seeking their help.


I agree with you so much it's not funny.
You're not brutal.


(click the smiley!)

#19
Quote by drakenshadow
Ya, I'm sure your day would be a ray of sunshine if china and Russia surprised attacked us.

I'm not saying they have those intentions but your post makes me think you want usa to get attacked because you don't agree with the current leadership and code of ethics.

I'm sure a couple million dead will ease your suffering.


I didn't say that at all. You don't know me at all, so I find it rather rich that you can make assumptions such as that. I'm not asking for an attack on the U.S. at all. I just want Americans to learn rather than absorb the media... to recognize that we are not the best nation in the world by any means...
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
#20
Quote by scarfacesuit
Good thing, as I'm personally sick of Americans thinking we're so high and mighty. The pompous attitudes of patriotism here really gets to me.



There is a line between patriosm and nationalism.... and im not sure where a lot of americans are.. but you give me hope that not all of your country are all ignorant flag waving morons that vote republican just because the candidate is religous..... Although to be honest there is no real difference anymore...
MASSIVE TEXT
#21
Geez guys, this whole situation seems to familiar... But why? It's like some sort of deja vu... I just can't put my finger on what it reminds me of

*coughIsraelcough*
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
#22
Quote by Muphin
Geez guys, this whole situation seems to familiar... But why? It's like some sort of deja vu... I just can't put my finger on what it reminds me of

*coughIsraelcough*

last time i checked, we haven't commited to giving them billions of dollars in aid.

edit: Plus, when we started helping aid there weren't religious extremists controlling most of the middle east, so there was no reasno to think that it could come back to bite us
Last edited by Spamwise at Feb 18, 2008,
#23
Quote by drakenshadow
Ya, I'm sure your day would be a ray of sunshine if china and Russia surprised attacked us.

I'm not saying they have those intentions but your post makes me think you want usa to get attacked because you don't agree with the current leadership and code of ethics.

I'm sure a couple million dead will ease your suffering.



Personally i think this is very likely... although not for some time yet, depends a lot on the oil.... Also i think it will be the end...
MASSIVE TEXT
#24
Quote by Muckle
There is a line between patriosm and nationalism.... and im not sure where a lot of americans are.. but you give me hope that not all of your country are all ignorant flag waving morons that vote republican just because the candidate is religous..... Although to be honest there is no real difference anymore...


Well, now those flag waving morons are going to vote democrat, because it's the "new thing." I support Barack Obama for his policies, whereas most people I know support him because he "looks like a nice guy." America experiences shifts in power every 10 years... From conservative to liberal. We're starting to shift to more liberal politics now, but give it ten years, and we'll be back with Republicans in office. People get sick of too much conservatism or liberalism... I tend to stick to being a moderate, which is difficult when you're surrounded by extreme right-wingers...
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
#25
Quote by scarfacesuit
Well, now those flag waving morons are going to vote democrat, because it's the "new thing." I support Barack Obama for his policies, whereas most people I know support him because he "looks like a nice guy." America experiences shifts in power every 10 years... From conservative to liberal. We're starting to shift to more liberal politics now, but give it ten years, and we'll be back with Republicans in office. People get sick of too much conservatism or liberalism... I tend to stick to being a moderate, which is difficult when you're surrounded by extreme right-wingers...

republicans =/= bad. there have been several great republican presidents.
#26
Quote by Spamwise
last time i checked, we haven't commited to giving them billions of dollars in aid.

edit: Plus, when we started helping aid there weren't religious extremists controlling most of the middle east, so there was no reasno to think that it could come back to bite us


So? The same **** is going to happen to Kosovo.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
#27
Quote by Muphin
So? The same **** is going to happen to Kosovo.

Really? What, are you a fortune teller now? The US has done stuff like this before that's ended well.
#28
Personally its become a popularity contest rather than, a political election... Its hard to say for me to say as im from the UK but the mdeia attention is far more aimed at the race and teh candidate rather than the policies.... Btw? out of curiosity.. Who is funding Obama and Clinton?
MASSIVE TEXT
#29
Quote by Spamwise
republicans =/= bad. there have been several great republican presidents.


I didn't mean it to sound like that, but Republicans have started to look bad thanks to G.W. I'm just pointing out the fact that this country always votes in shifts of roughly ten years.
70's-liberal.
80's-conservative.
90's-liberal
00's-conservative.
09-liberal.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
#30
Quote by Spamwise
Really? What, are you a fortune teller now? The US has done stuff like this before that's ended well.



When?
MASSIVE TEXT
#31
Quote by scarfacesuit
I didn't mean it to sound like that, but Republicans have started to look bad thanks to G.W. I'm just pointing out the fact that this country always votes in shifts of roughly ten years.
70's-liberal.
80's-conservative.
90's-liberal
00's-conservative.
09-liberal.

oh okay, sorry then.
#32
Quote by Muckle
When?

let me do a google search. it's been a while since i've read it. I'm also curious to see how you know it'll end up the same.

edit: Well south korea is one that comes to mind off the top of my head. the circumstances arent' the same, but the circumstances are different from kosovo to israel too.
Last edited by Spamwise at Feb 18, 2008,
#33
Quote by Spamwise
yeah really. the US put over a thousand soldiers there though to help deter either country from trying anything.

and good idea


because helping a country get independance is so terrible



do you not think that the US supports them for a purpose?

the EU and US have no good intentions of freedom, neither do China and russia

this is the way of the world at the moment

the 21st century will see a cold war style confrontation of the two sides anyway

but instead of an ideological opposition this is simply a build up to wars over energy- in which prez Putin is been very acute in his actions thus far
#34
Quote by imthehitcher
do you not think that the US supports them for a purpose?

the EU and US have no good intentions of freedom, neither do China and russia

this is the way of the world at the moment

the 21st century will see a cold war style confrontation of the two sides anyway

but instead of an ideological opposition this is simply a build up to wars over energy- in which prez Putin is been very acute in his actions thus far

the only thing he's been acute in, really. And honestly, your'e just making assumptions.
#35
Quote by Spamwise
oh okay, sorry then.


No harm no foul
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
#36
Quote by Muckle
There is a line between patriosm and nationalism.... and im not sure where a lot of americans are.. but you give me hope that not all of your country are all ignorant flag waving morons that vote republican just because the candidate is religous..... Although to be honest there is no real difference anymore...

Sadly lots of people are...

I'm not. In fact i mostly think god is a load of Bullshit
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
#37
He speaks the Truth! What do you think Iraq is really about?! Taking the oil before China and Russia get a chance.... Russia will be in trumps in the future as it will have massive amount's of resources...

I understand you care for your country.. But the truth is that you are being lied to all the time.. and the quicker you learn this the better...

If America and Europe are in Kosovo just to lend a helping hand il eat my own face
MASSIVE TEXT
#38
Quote by Spamwise
republicans =/= bad. there have been several great republican presidents.


Quite. And with China and Russia gaining power as fast as they are and spreading anti-US propaganda, we're going to need another Reagan.
Not necessarily a republican one, just one who has the strength to bring the US together and hold off the East.I'll bet that, within a decade or two, Russia will be hostile again and the Iron Curtain may even be brought back (though the internet makes that unlikely)

It only irritates me that current republicans are so obsessed with pleasing their party base rather than actually changing anything or trying to unify the US's massively partisian body politic, with the possible exception of Ron Paul.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
#39
Quote by scarfacesuit
I didn't mean it to sound like that, but Republicans have started to look bad thanks to G.W. I'm just pointing out the fact that this country always votes in shifts of roughly ten years.
70's-liberal.
80's-conservative.
90's-liberal
00's-conservative.
09-liberal.

70 - 76 Nixon and Ford = Republicans. 4 years of Carter. Not quite true.
60s 8 years of Democrats and the worst turmoil my country has seen since the 1860s.
There is no clear pattern of power shifts in the US. And since the inception of the Republican party in 1842 democrats have been in power in the White House and Congress for the majority of the time.
Kosovo is not a result of Republican or Democratic leadership. Both parties have had a hand in shaping the events that have led to today. Not to mention the EU and Russia.
Stop with the broad sweeping generalizations. (Not just you sir). Everybody in this thread is making them.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
#40
Quote by Spamwise
the only thing he's been acute in, really. And honestly, your'e just making assumptions.



id say it's a pretty good assumption,

btw i ****ing hate Putin, he is the manifestation of the evil that has spread since the collapse of the Soviet Union, but he's been a clever bastard in foriegn issues

getting mayor opec nations on his side, not to mention Iran, as well as not allowing the Us and EU to bully him through his military build up and control of natural resources

all things indicate a coming energy crisis war thing in a cold war style

the super powers re merely getting smaller nations on side hence Us +EU with Kosovo (among many other nations that dont get on) and China+Russia take up the Serb cause (who the Soviets were notably close with anyway)

it;s like how the US supported that Georgian president even tho there are strong indications he rigged the elections (just to get them on side and piss off russia)
Page 1 of 2