i recently got a 7 string ibenez and i want to put new strings on it b/c the strings that were on it were crap. only problem is the only guitars ive ever put new strings on is an acoustic martin and a cheapo walmart electric. both of which dont require much knowledge about guitars to restring. this guitar looks quit a bit more complicated and i dont want to mess anything up. could anybody either send me a link to a manual (got it used and it didnt come with one) or maybe a step by step on what to do? much thanks

-david
just take it to the music store where you got it. or any music store for that matter...
It would help to know which ibanez it is.

For instance if it has a hardtail (RG7321) it is going to be alot easier to re string than if it has a FR Tremolo (RG1527)

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Well if it was an Ibanez I could help.
But I don't know much about Ibenez guitars.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
Quote by redneck516
Well if it was an Ibanez I could help.
But I don't know much about Ibenez guitars.

Well spotted, well used, excellent use of context. 9/10 for your input.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by Footzyrama
Well spotted, well used, excellent use of context. 9/10 for your input.

Lmao...thank you sir.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
it has the Tremolo which is why i dont really know what to do. never messed with anything like it before. and i got a price for stringing it and they wanted $50. im up to my eyeballs in student loans and cant afford $50 for somebody to put strings on for me. and it is an ibanez haha
Um... either learn how to do it, or you're fucked if you can't pay for it. Maybe a friend will know how, but I wouldn't trust them.
i dont really have any experience with a tremolo... is it something that is going to have to be maintained on a regular basis or can i just fork over the $ to have strings put on it and that'll be it untill the next time i need strings. and is there somewhere i can learn how to do it?
If you mean Floyd Rose style trem then here-http://www.musicyo.com/planet/restring.asp

but if its strat type trem-http://www.theartsmusicstore.com/stratocasterstylerestring.htm
Quote by kyrreca

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Look at the head stock. The back will be imprinted with the model, and then you can look it up at www.ibanez.com Under support you can print the manual out.

There are three kinds that is Tremolo 7-string:

GRX720: Use FAT/SAT trem
S7320: Use ZR trem setup
RG: use edge series setup.