Alright so it came to me in a dream.
a tiny leslie cabinet
cause the real ones are like 4 feet tall and heavy
what about jsut one single like 8 inch speaker just put a motor on it
would that work?
how could it work?
youd have a few isses. i designed one of these a while back but never built it. First, you need a dummy weight the same as the speaker on the other side so it wouldnt wobble itself apart. then the electrical connections have to be figured out, u could probably do it wih copper brushes on a stationary ciruclar track. then wire in a pot for controlling speed. If youre serious about this, look up leslie diagrams online, maybe through google patents. And i think leslies had two rotating speakers, bass and trebble
Pedalboard--
Dimebag wah=>Digitech Synth Wah=>Boss PH-3=>Boss MD-2=>Boss BF3=>Boss DD-3=>Boss RC-2
(Working on circuit bent Boss OC-2)
Quote by garboozled
youd have a few isses. i designed one of these a while back but never built it. First, you need a dummy weight the same as the speaker on the other side so it wouldnt wobble itself apart. then the electrical connections have to be figured out, u could probably do it wih copper brushes on a stationary ciruclar track. then wire in a pot for controlling speed. If youre serious about this, look up leslie diagrams online, maybe through google patents. And i think leslies had two rotating speakers, bass and trebble

You obviously didn't design a very good one. The original Leslie's speaker was made to not rotate for a reason...

The horns did rotate, but you don't need those for guitar anyway. Look at the Fender Vibratone for a Leslie that was actually made for guitar.
if you were to design one with a rotor instead of a speaker it would require a system of bearings which would be exceedingly difficult to do with stuff laying around the house and on a small . Using a dummy load opposite of the speaker would eliminate any unbalanced moments and satisy the equations of equilibrium. This could be a simple bolt with a threaded weight to dial it in. One wire could be hard wired through the motor and another could be transferred to the base using a copper brush simmilair to how power is transfered in electric motors. This is something that anyone could do with a practice amp and some spare time

your probably right though
what do i know, i just have a degree in mechanical engineering from FSU

BTW if you have PRO E and want the schematics i can send them
Pedalboard--
Dimebag wah=>Digitech Synth Wah=>Boss PH-3=>Boss MD-2=>Boss BF3=>Boss DD-3=>Boss RC-2
(Working on circuit bent Boss OC-2)
Last edited by garboozled at Feb 20, 2008,
You could just make a styrofoam baffle which would spin. You'd want something the diametre of the speaker, but cut in half diagonally so the sound will be directed one way.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club