So today i just bought a used digitech tone driver, and hooked it up to my peavey rage II 10'amp with a custom strat. At first, i got the overdrive (sounds great), but then the device started acting weird and giving me high-pitch squeaks at steady short intervals. then i leaned over and touched the chord going from the digi to amp, and i swore i heard a singing womans voice thru the amp like she was on radio !!! I NEVER have heard of this before. ANY ANSWERS APPRECIATED!!
Come with me, and you'll be, in a state of pure anibriation
yeah amplifiers pick up weak radio signals alot
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
my friend n i hooked all of our amps together and we picked up radio stations,it was cool,and we used our whammy bars to manipulate their voices. we dont know y it happened though
R.I.P. Kurt Cobain 1967-1994
This happens...my amp picks up the local college radio station all the time...
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
ya that happened to me. I was really freaked out at first cause I never knew it was possible!
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
it might be a grounding problem in your guitar. or something to do with the lead.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
I heard the 'sampled' bit at the end of 'Mic Check' was apparently a Cuban radio signal picked up by Tom's Amp.
Quote by CJRocker
Search button people. Its pretty common, even if your grounds work.

Now, come on. The search button sucks. I mean there are 1000s of ways you could title this thread. Like if the thread was called "I have a problem" you wouldn't search for it. And looking all the way through a 10 page thread to find nothing sucks as well, for when you search individual posts.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
It doesn't search titles, it searches the messages by default. And it works quite well; try "radio thru amp" on it.
Quote by AceDauntless
Happened to my peavey too. Scared the living hell out of me. I got spanish radio.

Thats weird, my peavey plays the spanish radio too. Maybe peavey amps are made in Mexico???
When I have on both the compressor and overdrive on my Route 66 with the gain cranked up, I can get NPR.