Page 1 of 2
I wouldnt say it was relaxing but its fun

around 8 + cans is a good benchmark for me.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
i drink ****loads before i realise im smashed. I get verrrry happy and excited about most things, i only get relaxed if im at a mates get together or something. but if im out, i go nuts...happy style
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Um, i've never been drunk off bear by itself, but a pint of whiskey will **** me up.
and i sit and wonder, falling under .
it isnt relaxing, but i guess it depends on the kind of "drunk" you are. everytime i get drunk i just hit on girls and want to fight some one, hardly relaxing.

oh and i dont drink anymore because it causes too many social problems.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
Quote by xCobainx
Um, i've never been drunk off bear by itself, but a pint of whiskey will **** me up.

I don't think anyone has ever been drunk off bears.
I wouldn't say hangovers and puking are much fun.

Also, people tend to do stupid things when they're under the influence, and I don't care to join them.

I don't drink.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
I wouldn't say hangovers and puking are much fun.

Also, people tend to do stupid things when they're under the influence, and I don't care to join them.

I don't drink.

I agree. I just smoke weed.
depends on the situation, at a party or something it relaxes me a little but mainly makes me more sociable and energetic, if I'm just drinking at home listening to music or whatever it relaxes me.

as for amount it depends on whether I'm sipping a drink or downing shots, and I usually don't get drunk off beer i just drink a few socially, but usually its about 10-12 shots worth in mixed drinks if I'm sipping it (or have a full stomach) or about 6-8 shots if I'm just hammering them down. and thats for a fairly good buzz, not like falling on your ass sloppy drunk.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
If I want to drink socially and chill out a few beers is my usual choice. 4 pints is enough to get me chilled and relaxed. Whenever I feel like getting drunk (not as much as I used to) I'll drink anything and everything. Vodka, tequila, jager, rum, wine, beer, cocktails, various shots whatever. Mix a bit of everything.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by bendystraw
weed is safer and takes less to get the desired effect.^^^^

I agree with this, but weed can make it hard to get a job and isn't always as easy to get as alcohol.

Last.fm
6-10 beers depending, and it definatly doesn't relax me...unless I pass out. Just a good feeling all around and some energy.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I agree with this, but weed can make it hard to get a job and isn't always as easy to get as alcohol.

if you are safe with it and don't mind the occasional cranberry juice and vinegar days before drug tests you should be ok. also we gotta legalize it... nah don't wanna debate this tonight.
It doesn't take much for me, because I rarely drink. Couple of bottles of alcopops and I'm suitably drunk
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by bendystraw
if you are safe with it and don't mind the occasional cranberry juice and vinegar days before drug tests you should be ok. also we gotta legalize it... nah don't wanna debate this tonight.

I agree with this too, especially the legalize part, but the last two jobs I applied for did hair follicle testing, and those shampoos do not work.

Last.fm
I'm a real lightweight.

And as much as I hate binge drinkers getting pissed can be fun, I still can't seem to get much action; I must be ridiculously unattractive.
drinking is always a good way to chill out.. and a good way to get wild if everyone's in the mood.

it's never just beer though. there's almost always tequila involved.

i'd say about 7-8 beers in 2-3 hours will get me a little shaky on my feet. it takes liquor to do the real work.
hug your local pug dealer!
Quote by bendystraw

yeah i do that too. it also makes me calm.
the only way I can really get ****ed up off beer is if I just sit down and say, i'm going to drink until I can't anymore. It is possible for me to get "blackout"drunk off brew, but it takes nearly a case.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

Hard shit right there.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
i have about 5-6 shots per night, every night, after work and I find it relaxes me to no end. the day is done, and i'm buzzed for conan! i cannot drink beer, it's all vodka or whisky for me
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
i'll mix ****. one time i grabbed ice tea mix whiskey and mixed it all and drank it from a coffee mug. just got me buzzed. i want to get drunk though.
I dont like getting so drunk..i used to neck half a litre of vodka or about 10+ pints and shots etc

Getting really ****ed is fun, but i dont like dealing with the hangover or awkward things i do when drunk

Now im down to about 6- 8 pints to get me happy and only slightly hungover

Although i ususally smoke about 2-5 joints to get me chilled out and relaxed instead...i have no weed left, which is probably for the best atm seeing as i smoked a good 1/4 in about 2 weeks
Getting wasted isn't always the best, 'cause you do dumb stuff that you completely regret the next day. It takes maybe 6 or 7 shots to get me drunk.

Bud is much more relaxing anyway.
Peace.
Quote by WillPlayForFood

Speak for yourself.
Depends on my mood and state of health - I've been drunk after four beers and I've been able to hold up a conversation after three bottles of wine.
12 beers will get me pretty drunk, but tend to drink more. That or I'll drink one 40oz, realize I'm not drunk enough and get another one, it always ends up bad with 40oz. Though one day I barely slept, almost didn't eat all day and 3 beers hit me pretty bad. As for hard drinks, really depends how fast I drink. I drink straight from the bottle rather than shots.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
around 10 pints will usually get me fairly drunk,it depends on how much I've eaten really.
No, getting drunk is usually far from relaxing...
And it always differs depending on how much I've eaten I suppose...
it used to take like 10 cans when i drank every other day. no i only drink maybe once a month so a 40 and a can or two will do me fine. it doesnt relax me, i always want to go do something when im drunk
Quote by WillPlayForFood

You sir, just won everything this thread can ever give.
It all depends on who you are, some people will mellow out, others will rush about screeching. I get quite relaxed when drunk - but relaxed in the way where inhibitions go and I get stupid.

Tolerance levels again differ from person to person, smaller people tend to get drunk easily, and it will change as your experience of drinking grows.

Quote by bendystraw

Possibly, but alcohol gives you many different ways to reach the desired effect - beers, ciders, spirits and others. There's more variety with drinking, and taste. It's a lot easier to get hold of, and there are barely any ramifications when caught drunk. Weed does calm you more than booze, but I prefer drinking. I'd rather wake up the next morning with a headache than a gravel filled throat.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Last edited by freddaahh at Feb 18, 2008,
Quote by crazygluedmybut
Getting wasted isn't always the best, 'cause you do dumb stuff that you completely regret the next day.

If you do dumb stuff you completely regret, it's because you're stupid enough to think that, "oh but I was drunk," is a valid excuse. Don't blame booze, blame yourself.
hug your local pug dealer!
a 12 pack gets me goin. drinkin is fun as hell
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why mankind is.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/map /
Page 1 of 2