I'm looking for a les paul. i cant afford a gibson atm so im looking for anotjer option. i've played some epiphones, but not the hagstrom. i hear the hagstroms are very nice and some people even choose them over gibsons. what should i get?
Ibanez RGR420EX
B.C. Rich MockingBird w/ EMG 81/85

Peavey Valveking 212 Tube Combo

Electro harmonix Metal Muff
Electro harmonix Big Muff
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
I'd probably go Hagstrom, because I haven't played a single Epiphone that I've liked.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Well firstly, a new amp...

Following that, what's your budget? A couple of hundred, a few hundred, could you not just save up for another month and get a Gibson/Epi Elitist, etc?
go hagstrom, epiphone = crappy guitar that looks like a gibson for people who have wet dreams about gibsons
epiphone
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I had the same dilemma. I was set on an Epiphone LP Custom, but after doing my homework the Hagstrom won hands down. Better pickups, better neck, better fretboard, nicer balance, more comfortable. Nice-looking tuners and headstock. Great finish on some really nice woods. Better price, nicer case. The sound and playability are great as well. And I've been told consistency of quality control is better than Epi.

--- D
Hagström >> Epiphone...

Epi LP are low-end budget guitars of the Gibsons. Hagström Swedes are the flagship models of Hagström. You can guess the quality control priority can differ between them two.
Last edited by hminh87 at Feb 19, 2008,
Thanks everyone for the comments. I've got my eyes set on the Hagstrom. The Only downside ive heard about this guitar is that it is really heavy. But i can live with that, and i guess it would have better sustainability too.
Ibanez RGR420EX
B.C. Rich MockingBird w/ EMG 81/85

Peavey Valveking 212 Tube Combo

Electro harmonix Metal Muff
Electro harmonix Big Muff
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Quote by Ryan-Mc182
Thanks everyone for the comments. I've got my eyes set on the Hagstrom. The Only downside ive heard about this guitar is that it is really heavy. But i can live with that, and i guess it would have better sustainability too.

Are you serial?

The hagstrom swede is definetly Not heavy.
Quote by statixguitar53
when in doubt, buy an elephant testicle

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
I read in Total Guitar (cough...) it's a very heavy guitar..
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
Sure, the Hagstrom is heavy, but I don't think it's any heavier than an Epiphone LP or any other LP copy. I haven't weighed either one but having held them both I don't think you would be able to tell the difference. I think that technically the Hagstrom is lighter, but it's a solid-body mahogany guitar. It's not going to be light.

--- D
Quote by Duster
Sure, the Hagstrom is heavy, but I don't think it's any heavier than an Epiphone LP or any other LP copy. I haven't weighed either one but having held them both I don't think you would be able to tell the difference. I think that technically the Hagstrom is lighter, but it's a solid-body mahogany guitar. It's not going to be light.

--- D

The Hagstrom Swede is heavier than an Epiphone Les Paul! The Epiphone feels like cardboard compared to the Haggy!

That's a bit of an exaggeration but there is a noticeable difference in weight between the two guitars.

Go with the Hagstrom TS! Great guitars.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.