ok so ive recently started playing bass in a prasie band at my friends church, its pretty sweet, and we've been writing some stuff, but i was wondering if u guys knew of any songs that would b appropriate, and mayb even where to get the music for them. We dont play like hymns or anythying, but we also dont play As I Lay Dying haha so its kinda like acoustic rock, so anything that would fit in there, even its like a new take on an old song or w/e just any help would b great

thanks guys
Quote by britneyspears69
I got my first guitar recently and people are telling me to get pickups. I don't get it. What do they do? Do they help you when you drop your pick?
My first line of advice is to go with Satanism. Their music is automatically 100% cooler. Sorry you picked a losing team
yeah man i can help you out. i play the guitar in my churchs youth band. ill run off some of my favorites. from the way you described, were pretty similar to your sound.

1. amazing grace. the way we do it isnt the traditional way though. the chords are just G D A Bm over and over the whole song. this tends to be a crowd pleaser.
2. o praise him. not sure of the author but again, pretty easy.
3. walk on water. kind of slow and melodic.

also anything by shane and shane, jars of clay, and a few relient k songs are always good. im sorry i cant offer more, my binders at the church and i dont know many of the names off the top of my head.
Some good ones:

Take My Life
It Is Well
You Are Holy (Prince of Peace)
Trading My Sorrows
And Can It Be (this is an old Reformation hymn, but I've heard it played to the tune of "The Times the Are A-Changin' by Bob Dylan)
The medium is the message!
www.pwarchive.com

Best site ever for any kind of worship. Check out the top 100 first. Off of the top of my head...

There is No One Like You-Very fast, very fun
Trading my sorrows
Everyday

You might even want to branch out to some acoustic rock, like Skillet's Acoustic of The Older I get. For some bands, try Casting Crowns, Newsboys, David Crowder Band, Michael Gungor...and Hillsong/United Live
Quote by Mekchrious
www.pwarchive.com

Best site ever for any kind of worship. Check out the top 100 first. Off of the top of my head...

There is No One Like You-Very fast, very fun
Trading my sorrows
Everyday

You might even want to branch out to some acoustic rock, like Skillet's Acoustic of The Older I get. For some bands, try Casting Crowns, Newsboys, David Crowder Band, Michael Gungor...and Hillsong/United Live

haha we do noone like you and everyday, only in my folder its listed as "no one like you" and i always think it says "no one likes you" i cant believe i forgot to mention those two, theyre two of my favorites.
the god that failed - metallica.....

not really, as much as i loathe preachy god music i gotta say that floods - jars of clay, is a d@mn fine song and i find myself singing it from time to time.
Lots of stuff by Chris Tomlin is great for this situation. I play acoustic for church and they use alot of southern gospel, often the same songs in the same style that you'd expect a black choir to sing. It's alot of fun.

Days of Elijah is also alot of fun to play.
Nice man, i play for my church. We play all kinds of stuff. You know Hillsong United, i love all of there songs, or chris tomlin or desperation band. Idk man theres just so many. just check out there songs. Good luck
Just don't do I Can Sing This One Phrase Forever or crap in that vein. Keep writing stuff. Reclaim praise music from the realm of musical pablum.
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
-Dorothy Parker
Nice I play bass for my Church Praise and Worship team too.
Look into bands such as Hillsong, David Crowder Band, Chris Tomlin, Desperation Band, Israel Houghton & New Breed, Delirious? are some. Msg me for more.
My Gear:
-Laguna LE322
-Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
-Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
-Yamaha Bass (Idk what model)

To Get:
-New Humbucker Pickups
Last edited by Trowa21 at Feb 20, 2008,
Dude
I've been playing in my church praise band..

I like this stuff.. So you like rock?

Skillet - Whispers in the Dark
Skillet - Older I get
Anything of Jeremy Camp and Kutless
Acoustic?

Leeland and Lincoln Brewster stuf is good

Any David Crowder Band stuff

also listen to King by Tree63, one of the best songss in my opinion

uhmmm Chris Tomlin, MercyMe, I like Desperation Band, and also look up for some Britt Nicole, She's good.