EDIT: Now i'm down to a Peavey Classic 30 or a Palomino V32 (which looks really nice) and do they take pedals in very well? in this case a multi effect pedal, which I'm probably going to sell.

Allright guys, hopefully this will be my last "which tube amp should I get?" thread.

Now..I'm looking for a vintage tone like led zep, ac/dc, basically anything that's classic rock.

Which one of these two amps will do the job?

I plan on getting a classic 30 used since I only have $400 with me
I don't mind if it's used btw, but if it's a problem. I'll go back to GC and change it.

EDIT: Now i'm down to a Peavey Classic 30 or a Palomino V32 (which looks really nice) and do they take pedals in very well? in this case a multi effect pedal, which I'm probably going to sell.
Last edited by esp1234 at Feb 18, 2008,
classic ftw
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
for a classic AC/DC etc. tone, get tubes
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
If Classic rock is all you do, then Classic 30 all the way. If you play metal, the VK would probably be a better choice.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
I think the Classic is a fine amp and more vintage-voiced. VK is a little more modern, higher gain structure but can be tamed for classic rock/blues also.
With $400, you might be able to walk out of GC with a brand new Palomino V32, too, which is voiced similarly to the Classic 30.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
With $400, you might be able to walk out of GC with a brand new Palomino V32, too, which is voiced similarly to the Classic 30.

awwww, Now i'm down to two The classic 30 or the V32. Choosing is frustrating!
Well, my choice is shaky. But I've decided to get the classic 30 cant wait to go to GC
Good choice. It's a damn sexy amp.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Ahhh, guys last question.
Would an ESP guitar sound good with this amp??
Quote by esp1234
Ahhh, guys last question.
Would an ESP guitar sound good with this amp??

Are you using EMGS?
hey UG,

i'm also choosing between the two amps(v32 and classic 30) and i have an ibanez rg2ex with a paf pro in the neck and super distortion in the bridge.which one would be more versatile because i play anything from guns n roses,ac/dc to children of bodom

PS im willing to buy an overdrive pedal
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by pa3k_2414
hey UG,

i'm also choosing between the two amps(v32 and classic 30) and i have an ibanez rg2ex with a paf pro in the neck and super distortion in the bridge.which one would be more versatile because i play anything from guns n roses,ac/dc to children of bodom

PS im willing to buy an overdrive pedal

They are pretty much equal IMO. You can't really go wrong either way, except the new V32s are made in vietnam and not as good as the old MIA ones.
The Classic 30 is great, I have a 50 very nice classic rock stuff especially Zeppelin and any general music like that.

It has a surprising amount of gain on tap and with an overdrive should be pretty versatile.

Tried a V32 once on the clean channel I think it was. Very nice amp I liked it as well and if you can't decide they're both very similar and both would work out well for classic rock.
The V32 seemed to be slightly more vintage and have more gain, however that's really all I could pick up through vids online and trying it a little.

Both the V32 and Classic should be better than the Valveking though in terms of classic rock and such.

Just try them out and buy the one you like most.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows