In a broad sense of the word, sure.

There are competitions based on measurements of skill.
My God, it's full of stars!
No rifle is gun
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
But when gazing amung other 'sports' you see that much physical prepartion is needed such as conditioning. In my opinion, you are best tested of your skills when your heart is throbbing and your sweating, and your breathing rate is out of control. It's not like the target moves either. Sure, it's a battle against yourself, but it should be a club if anything not dubbed the term 'sport'
any form of competition is a sport
chess is a sport for satan's sake.
so im sure rifling is a sport
Quote by synopsize
No, but NASCAR is.

goddamnit, you beat me to it. that was mine, you know...
Quote by doomed1
any form of competition is a sport
chess is a sport for satan's sake.
so im sure rifling is a sport

pretty sure rifling refers to the pattern on the inside of rifles that makes the bullet spin and go more straight.
Quote by Reverb X
rifle is a gun i think you will find.

rifle is firearm

cannon is gun.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
Quote by freedoms_stain
pretty sure rifling refers to the pattern on the inside of rifles that makes the bullet spin and go more straight.

You are correct.

Rifle shooting is a sport though. I used to do a lot of rifle shooting - takes a lot of skill to get good.
Quote by TechnoViking
But when gazing amung other 'sports' you see that much physical prepartion is needed such as conditioning. In my opinion, you are best tested of your skills when your heart is throbbing and your sweating, and your breathing rate is out of control. It's not like the target moves either. Sure, it's a battle against yourself, but it should be a club if anything not dubbed the term 'sport'

In professional shooting, the best of riflers have to have an immense control over their body; the same applies to military snipers. Being able to coordinate and suppress heart rate, muscle flexors, and breathing is all very important.
My God, it's full of stars!
Perhaps the form of Rifle performed in the Olympics deserves the term, but thats after skiing and what not. The schoolastic level just merely gets into the required position and fires.
Quote by TechnoViking
It's not like the target moves either.

It does if you're on a moving target range...now that is hard but soooo much fun.
Sure, its a sport. Anything that involves competition can be a sport. Whether it be bench rest, or extremely physical three gun or biathlon competitions.

Quote by bludwolfrocks
no, its not athletic at all

you cant be fat and do a REAL sport

^
Example of a person who knows nothing of the sport.