Hey guys. I'm new to the forums, so I'm not EXACTLY sure how things work around here.
Anyway, I got my guitar from a friends in january, and I've been getting better slowly but surely. It's a simple Squire Bullet, nothing too special but I enjoy playing. I don't know any songs yet although I have been working on my own stuff.

Anyway, long boring biographical intros aside, I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips or references on installing a whammy bar, considering mine has none. I don't want anything too expensive or complicated because I am still a beginner, but the whammy bar would make things much better. Any help you guys can offer would be great.
Thanks.
it should have come with one and there should be a slot on your bridge to install the whammy bar. I don';t think the Squier bullet comes with one. Regardless, since you are a beginner I recommend not using a whammy bar as it's just going to get in the way.
if it has a small hole near where the stings come out of the body at the bottom, you can screw in a whammy bar. if not, there's a site in which you can buy one to add on. i don't know it, but someone might
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
No no hole. It doesn't have one for some reason. But I have played with a whammy bar before on my friend's guitar and it didn't seem to hinder my playing.
Quote by Defnition
No no hole. It doesn't have one for some reason. But I have played with a whammy bar before on my friend's guitar and it didn't seem to hinder my playing.

Well if it doesn't have a whole there then I think you'd have to change your bridge. btw I wouldn't reccomend using the whammy bar because it'll put your guitar out of tune even after just one use. They're fun to play around with but they're more hassle than they're worth.
Yeah, I used my whammy bar like... twice when I first got it. Never again, lol. Much, MUCH more trouble than it's worth.
Too many people own guitars. Someone had better go play a... clarinet or something.

:stickpoke

That means you.

Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
i once sneezed and a mushed up chip flew out my nose
needless to say i immediatly ate it
if it doesn't have a tremolo bridge installed then don't bother, it would cost more than the guitar is worth to have one installed.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^ +1. unless you get the locking trem system on a lot better guitar. all you can really use the bar for is light vibratos. that wont throw it too bad. unless its broke in. i could dive my old esp M-50 as far as it would go with little problems. but over use will throw the tuning out.