I just wanted to give a big thanks to the wonderful folks on this forum for all the help they have given me over the last month.
I started out trying to figure out weather to modify my old Epiphone Fat Strat or buy a new guitar. Then everyone said the amp would make the most difference. My budget was set at 1000.00 to 1200.00 tops as my money comes hard but I really did want to get back into playing I just turned 56 today and started back when I was 10, but have not done much with it until 4 years ago when I experienced a divorce and bought the Epiphone Fat Strat. All my other equipment (57 Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty, Kustom 100w Brain Tube with 2-12 Altec Lancing cab) had been ripped off 20 years or so ago except a Yamaha FG250 Standard. So I had been out of the equipment loop for some time. I did buy a Spider III 2 years ago to replace the little modeling amp I got with the Epi. (Gave it and a BC Rich Warlock I bought to my very talented Niece for X-Mass)

Well here it is thanks to you good folks
1200.00 budget
1. New Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Flame BlueJ=465.00
2. Luthier set up = 35.00
3. Modified Epi Fat Strat (Seymour Duncan Pearly Gate H-Texas SRV Specials on the singles (e-Bay)=225.00
4. Luthier set up with new Clear 10s=40.00
5. Demo B52 AT-112 all tube amp 2 channel (beautiful clean and awesome separate overdrive both with separate volume, contour, treble, bass, middle and reverb with low res. The back has all the other type of options you could want. THIS AMP IS SORLEY UNDERATED FOR THE PRICE!!) Came with a channel.gain, reverb foot pedal=300.00
6. A 3 GUITAR Stand, polish, straps, new strings for Standard, new clears for Les Paul and a Line6 FBV Express with Wah (one day sale)=200.00
All prices included Tax and rounded up to the nearest dollar.
I blew my budget by 50.00 L
Still have the SpiderIII of course and all I can tell you is WOW!! The modified Fat Strat is everything I thought it would be and more SRV tones and then the Pearly Gates just cry. The Les Paul has such full tones CREEEEEMY.
There has not been one sound I have been unable to emulate yet!! First day and I have not played one song as I am like a dog with a pile of bones, I just keep looking for a sound I can’t do!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!
Well, i have no idea if i played a part in your decisions, but on being happy with your tone.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Congrats old boy, I'm right behind you.
It sucks to lose good gear, but feels really good to get some new stuff.
Oh I am Happier than a 3 year old Bull just set out to work. Moma may not get it tonight tho
I have some Pics I took with my Dig camera but how do I get them into a small enough format to post? Thats something else this Old Man could learn tonight!
Last edited by Old mike at Feb 18, 2008,
I am not quite as old as you, but I am much older than the average poster on this forum. Now, since you told us about the new stuff, you have to Post pics! I want to see it man!
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
I went to PHOTOBUCKET AND SIGNED UP AND POSTED NOW HOW DO i GET THEM OVER HERE?
just copy and paste the "IMG" tag.

How did your Gibson get stolen? did someone rob your house?

OK I might not be as good as I once was But I can be AS GOOD once as as I ever was.
Slow but not out.
THANKS ALL!
Take the and then put your image link in the space between that and then put another , but put a / before the IMG in the 2nd set of brackets
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Whered you get the B-52 for $300?

Congrats btw
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted

Demo at GC. Came with a new warrenty and no glass jewel on the light.
Got both amp speakers wired on a switch box so I can play whichever thru both 12s. Or un plug for a jam.
Dang The pic still won't work whats UP??
Are you using the IMG code? Or the other ones? There's one that specifically says IMG you can copy that and paste it in your post. It will appear as the image.

And congrats on the new gear.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Jesus christ why does guitar center sell their used stuff so cheap. Thats $250 cheaper than new. Dont get anything like that in Canada =(
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted

Link didn't work, but I will help you out. That blue one is a beaut!
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
The blue Les Paul standards are beautiful.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
So how does the B52 sound compared to the Line 6?
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
nice gear and nice guns! haha, the 3 G's: Guitars, Gear, and Guns! i love it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I have the B-52 AT 1 12 as well and I can atest to its awesomeness. I can't wait to hear how it sounds after a nice speaker swap.
12 fret fury
The B52 has a rich full sound on clean that you just can't get out of the Line6.

I'm glad for you, even though I probably wasn't around at the time.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Well, i have no idea if i played a part in your decisions, but on being happy with your tone.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?