Whats the difference between the whammy 1 and the whammy 4 pedal, which one sounds better, which one do you think is better?
one thing about both, they must go in the efx loop, well the 4 anyway.
if this is just me the wth but, when i put this pedal inline, it robs tone. not a like a little.
this thing nukes ur tone, even off, even through the different inputs, doesnt matter, just eats tone for breakfast.
but its def fun to mess around with.
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
^not so sure about that. on my rig, I find it smooths out the high end nicely. Tom Morello uses it before his amp.

It'll rob your tone just as much in the loop as it will before it....

The whammy 1 has better tracking, I find that you can turn the knob for harmonies without a delay, like in "Voice of the voiceless" by rage against the machine.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
Tom Morello uses it before his amp.

Not true. Everything but his wah is in his FX Loop.

On topic though, I prefer the WH-1. Don't ask me how or why, I just do. Maybe I have no use for all the other stuff on WH-4, iunno. Just something about the WH-1 I like.
On topic though, I prefer the WH-1. Don't ask me how or why, I just do. Maybe I have no use for all the other stuff on WH-4, iunno. Just something about the WH-1 I like.

Do you think the whammy 1 sounds better?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-nF8jG3Hc

you can clearly see his whammy before the wah, and before the amp.

Not to mention I saw them last year, live, front row, no pedals going to the loop.

They were in the loop for RATM self titled, which went into guitar world, then he changed the setup. Even the wah was in the loop back then.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Feb 18, 2008,
do you still have to recalibrate the treadel with the whammy1, just like you do on the whammy4