Sorry for the size of the image:

If you look at the pickups there, you see they are mini humbuckers. But it seems like they have 2 rings around them or something. Would this guitar have regular sized pickup mounting rings, but these mini humbuckers have something else around them so they fit properly? If so, can you tell me what they are so I can find some for my guitar lol.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
i dont know the name of the mounting ring insert, for the mini humbucker, but you could make one.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
As far as I know, minibuckers and their pickup rings are p90-sized, which is slightly narrower than a humbucker ring. So that contraption there is made to fit a minibucker or a p90 into a guitar with humbucker routings without having the screw holes for the original pickup rings showing.
also, forgot, but they do make humbucker sized P90's...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

How does one go about making one of these devices?
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
well, if you dont want a humbucker sized p-90. and instead want a smaller pickup fitted into that space, i'm guessing you would need to choose a material. plastic or wood.

then you would measure and route out the outter ege of the rectangle to fit into the space, including a way to mount it in there. and then you would need to route out the middle of the ring to fit the p-90, and mount that to the ring.

or, you know, buy the larger sized p-90s
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
well, if you dont want a humbucker sized p-90. and instead want a smaller pickup fitted into that space, i'm guessing you would need to choose a material. plastic or wood.

then you would measure and route out the outter ege of the rectangle to fit into the space, including a way to mount it in there. and then you would need to route out the middle of the ring to fit the p-90, and mount that to the ring.

or, you know, buy the larger sized p-90s

Hmm, seems complicated. Anyone know what this device is called so I can try to google/ebay it?
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz