Alrite, so I'm planning on getting a new Motherboard and CPU for my PC and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what would be the best to get. I'm planning on using my computer for some gaming (mostly WoW) and photo, video, and sound editing (programs like Photoshop, After Effects, and Soundbooth).

I was thinking about this bundle I found on TigerDirect.com, since im planning on staying in the $350-$400 dollar range.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3618318&CatId=332

Anyone have an thoughts on that?

Thanks.
That chip is out dated now.

But I reckon it'll do what you want.

assuming you've got a WoW compatible graphics card and RAM n shiz.

SLI ready is a good feature on a motherboard, but unless you plan on getting 2 idential nvidia cards it's a bit of a waste.
yeah i play WoW on my current computer and it works fine, but the video editing is extremely laggy.
Well, the best I can find within a $400 range is:

Processor

Motherboard (that's even the one I've been looking at for a while.)

RAM

That motherboard, also, only accepts certain brands of RAM, that's why I recommended the OCZ, because it's compatible.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by freedoms_stain
That chip is out dated now.

But I reckon it'll do what you want.

assuming you've got a WoW compatible graphics card and RAM n shiz.

SLI ready is a good feature on a motherboard, but unless you plan on getting 2 idential nvidia cards it's a bit of a waste.

To be honest, there's hard to find a good motherboard without SLI. He might as well get it, just in case if he feels that there is an investment that needs to be made.
Sent from my iPad.
so if I buy the CPU/MoBo/RAM bundle I mentioned in the first post, I should have no problems with running programs such as Adobe After Effects? I also have another gig of ram I plan on putting in there too, so I would have a max of 3 gigs, running on Windows XP Home Edition.
Quote by paintITblack39
To be honest, there's hard to find a good motherboard without SLI. He might as well get it, just in case if he feels that there is an investment that needs to be made.

+1

mainly because SLI is only available on nvidia chipsets which more or less suck compared with others