So I had to re-download windows xp today. I lost the files I had for the drivers, i think theyre called. Now my moniter looks like ****. I looked it up, and I have like 4-bit color and 640 x 480 resolution as my only possible setting. Ive been trying to find what I need for a couple hours now, but I cant. Does anyone know the name of the drivers I need? ( I remember they were like R _____ with numbers in the blank)

Btw, I have a Dell dimension 2300, no upgrades.
sounds like you don't have your graphics card drivers on.

Find out what your graphics processor is, visit the manufacturers website, download the drivers.
Quote by Nicknin10do

Thanks man. I found that earlier though, but had no idea which ones to download...
i'm not sure if this'll work if the drivers aren't installed, If it doesn't you may need to look up the original specs of the machine. Opening it up won't do any good anyway.

control panel>system properties>hardware tab> device manager> click "display adapters"

Thats where I see mine.
Some of the methods everyone is saying may work but I dont think they will say without a driver installed
Quote by freedoms_stain
i'm not sure if this'll work if the drivers aren't installed, If it doesn't you may need to look up the original specs of the machine. Opening it up won't do any good anyway.

control panel>system properties>hardware tab> device manager> click "display adapters"

Thats where I see mine.

Thanks. It says "Intel (R), Celeron (R) CPU 1.79 Ghz 128 MB RAM"

haha, what does that mean?
Quote by Nicknin10do
No problem. It would be the intel drivers one

Yeah, I looked up the machine specs, you've got integrated Intel AGP graphics, so go with what this guy says.
Quote by captainjackass
Thanks. It says "Intel (R), Celeron (R) CPU 1.79 Ghz 128 MB RAM"

haha, what does that mean?

Intel = Processor. 1.79 Ghz = Clock speed of processor. 128 MB RAM = Ram. None of that is Video.
Quote by Nicknin10do
To tell the truth, I havent signed on in a year but I did to answer this post lol

Thats called fate dude.