I've been trying to come up with a name for my band for a long time but I can't seem to get one.

How did you pick a name?
The name picks the band... If you guys practice enough itll eventually come to you. Or get some dumbass friends to be in your band, and have them impose a stupid name unto it...
Open up a history textbook, and point to a random spot on the page without looking. Repeat 'till you're satisfied.

That's how The Fall of Troy came up with their name.
just use the wierdest thing thats ever happened at a jam session... one of mine, after we stopped playing, an oar fell from the ceiling of my drummers house...
The Falling Oars shortened to the falling
Wikipedia -> Random Article
First page thats not a person or place
I've gotton some good results form it.
Imagination....

Inflatable-doctor-glove
the Golden love monkeys
Marijuana Cigarettes
Pancake assault
Hung like Thor
I've heard getting drunk works. Serious.

I think that's how Children of Bodom got theirs. (Obviously combined with the whole Lake Bodom incident) And how much more of a kickass name can you have than Children of Bodom.

Other ways include finding something that means alot to you and finding synonyms of it. Working with that and a dictionary/imagination should help.
just talk, and pull words out of yur conversation, and just look around you.
me and my friend were trying to get a name for our band. he mentioned ben shepherd i think, then i looked at a poster with a red acoustic guitar on it......red sheppard!.....yea i know sheppard isnt supposed to be spelt that way
pick up a dictionary
Wake up
Your hiding in your nightmares
Your screaming behind closed eyes
What the hell are you waiting for
Or just use your favourite song name, that's what the stones did. Led Zeppelin took it off a picture of the zeppelin going down in flames (I believe it was their manager that told them to take the 'a' out of lead because he thought some ignorant english nerds would pronounce it Leed Zeppelin...and obviously we all think Led looks much cooler now). AC/DC had their little sister do it...she pointed to their vacuum cleaner's power outlet or something like that.
Watch the miniseries "The Stand." In eight hours of Stephen King awesomeness doesn't get you a name, you sir, have a problem.

Or hell, do the Wikipedia thing. I just tried it and got the name Lævateinn. I mean, how much cooler can ya get.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
Last edited by holden93 at Feb 18, 2008,
random words and put hen together, like earthbound or some **** liek that idk or just get an idiot to say something funny.
Quote by Jonjy2
I've heard getting drunk works. Serious.

I think that's how Children of Bodom got theirs. (Obviously combined with the whole Lake Bodom incident) And how much more of a kickass name can you have than Children of Bodom.

Other ways include finding something that means alot to you and finding synonyms of it. Working with that and a dictionary/imagination should help.

They actually got theirs from looking in a phone book, they saw Lake Bodom, and then started making up names that involved Bodom.
my band is Team Bravo... pretty random, but its awesome. i thought of it in my sleep, in a dream.
thats prolly the best palce to think of a band name... your dreams
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Take a dictionary, Thesarus, text book, novel, etc. open ramdom pages and point to words. write them down on a sheet of paper in random order. when you get a page full, just have fun connecting word pairs or triplets with different colors of ink.

Something will emerge from it or what emerges will trigger a name.

An alternate way would be to look for something the band members have in common in their backgrounds, names, lifestyles and see where that leads. A friend noticed that each band member had one letter "L" in each member's names in common. They named the band "One L".
Well first off you must get employed at a nursing home and then as you are washing dishes you think about really cool band names. This is the way i came up with mine,
Quote by Nicknin10do
Wikipedia -> Random Article
First page thats not a person or place
I've gotton some good results form it.

I did that..
and I got this..

Quote by mattvl
Or just use your favourite song name, that's what the stones did. Led Zeppelin took it off a picture of the zeppelin going down in flames (I believe it was their manager that told them to take the 'a' out of lead because he thought some ignorant english nerds would pronounce it Leed Zeppelin...and obviously we all think Led looks much cooler now). AC/DC had their little sister do it...she pointed to their vacuum cleaner's power outlet or something like that.

Might wanna brush up on your Rock 'N' Roll history.

Jimmy Page was told that his band "The New Yardbirds" would "float like a lead balloon," and the A was taken out because they didn't want stupid Americans pronouncing it "Leed Zeppelin."
Last edited by archangels666 at Feb 18, 2008,
Quote by astro0930
I did that..
and I got this..

SOunds like a good name to me

Quote by archangels666
Might wanna brush up on your Rock 'N' Roll history.

Jimmy Page was told that his band "The New Yardbirds" would "float like a lead balloon," and the A was taken out because they didn't want stupid Americans pronouncing it "Leed Zeppelin."

And do we know WHO said it?

twas Keith Moon no less.
How abotu doing something that actually means something to you?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I think of words that roll of the tongue, make me think about them, and are only 1 word...I hate bands that have like 9 words in ther name...though The Ted Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza makes me rofl everytime I say it.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory