IM curious to the esperience of players on this site i wanna know how long youve been playing and the hardest song you know but plz be truthful i just wanna figure out where im at because ive only been playing a year and a half yet i cant play very well at all and i practice around 1 or 2 hours a day i think the hardest song i know is unholy confessions by avenged sevenfold or mother russia by iron maiden except i cant play the solo for that and yes i do know those songs arent incredibly hard
anyway just post how long youve played and hardest song
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
2 years, stair way to heaven.. i also play unholy confessions and i thought it was hard. also zephyr song. and i can play most of crazy train. but not the solo's idk i guess i'm not that good its hard to pick the hardest song cuz alot of the songs i know start off hard then they get easy as i practice
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
Last edited by joshjebl at Feb 18, 2008,
cmon i need more people to post
Quote by andy_thomas
dang i was playing unholy confessions at like 6 months :s (I knew it back then because I knew A7X b4 they sold out and I've hated them ever since). Probably around 3-4 years now. I play mostly Grateful Dead now so it's really how I jam, not what song I can play. It's quite different.
no love i guess
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
i need more replies i wanna figure out how much i suck
Quote by andy_thomas
seriously nobody is going to giver me a reply damn this sucks
Quote by andy_thomas
Quote by Imalius
IM curious to the esperience of players on this site i wanna know how long youve been playing and the hardest song you know but plz be truthful i just wanna figure out where im at because ive only been playing a year and a half yet i cant play very well at all and i practice around 1 or 2 hours a day i think the hardest song i know is unholy confessions by avenged sevenfold or mother russia by iron maiden except i cant play the solo for that and yes i do know those songs arent incredibly hard
anyway just post how long youve played and hardest song

I play periods... Here's the album art:

Seriously though, I've been playing for 3 years as of last week. I play a lot of progressive metal like Dream Theater, Opeth, Symphony X etc. as well as power metal like Rhapsody, Hammerfall, Firewind, Stratovarius etc.
I don't normally cover, I just take influences and write my own material using some pretty music theory knowledge.

I practice 2-3 hours a day.
I have been playing for about two years, the hardest song i can play is serrana. or Images. I think images is harder but most people probably think serrana is harder. I practiced sweeping so much it is not really much of a problem to me. Music that gives me a hard time is flamenco. Now thats hard. I play all the time i got free. thats at least 2-3 hours a day. What im best at is sweep picking, legato, and alternate picking. Ok at tapping, and ok at finger picking.

Keep in mind i used to play bass for 5 years before i started guitar. In the best i used no pick however, but my fretting dexterity, legato, and tapping still moved to guitar nicely.

Another thing i recommend is when you sweep avoid legato. The reason i say that is so you can sound awesome even unplugged with a cheap unresonant guitar.
Last edited by nyandres at Feb 19, 2008,
^^thats impressive! 30 hours a day of practice? I've never figured out how to accomplish that one...anyway, I've been playing about 4-5 years and I pretty much just play my own **** I haven't actually learned a new song in a while...personally I think thats where it's at man, just play what you want to play, don't give a **** how good you are compared to everyone else based on how long you've been playing...just play songs you want to play stop worrying about how much you suck jsut have fun with it...
Member of UG's gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join.
Quote by DR132
^^thats impressive! 30 hours a day of practice? I've never figured out how to accomplish that one...anyway, I've been playing about 4-5 years and I pretty much just play my own **** I haven't actually learned a new song in a while...personally I think thats where it's at man, just play what you want to play, don't give a **** how good you are compared to everyone else based on how long you've been playing...just play songs you want to play stop worrying about how much you suck jsut have fun with it...

lmao lets just say that was a joke. I meant 2-3 hours.

This is very true. Most of the time I would just play a progression and improvise on top of it using the scales i practiced a lot, and trying new stuff. Sometimes it sounded way horrible. I still do this and sometimes I improvise some horrible things trying out new stuff. But fun is the way to practice.
Last edited by nyandres at Feb 19, 2008,
yeah I figured thats what ya meant I was just givin you a hard time...I'm prone to doing that from time to time
Member of UG's gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join.
I've been playing somewhere over 15 years and less than 20. I find as I've gotten older, my brain misfires sometimes (too many head injuries?) so I don't try leads much anymore. My typing has gotten worse too, just a general decline of coordination. I couldn't really say what song I've learned over the years is the hardest, most of them have hard parts and easy parts for me.
1 1/2 years under my guitar strap.
at about 8-10months i learned how to play MOST of Speedkills by MAB.
hardest song i've ever learned, because i'm not at all interested learning songs by other people, i'd rather create juicy riffs and solos myself, which i now do as a band

i'm probably going to learn Nocturne and Mea Culpa by The Human Abstract, which are incredibly difficult sounding =P