I can't get on my computer in anything but safe mode. I have Windows XP, and whenever I try to get on, I reach the black screen where all you have is your mouse, and then it restarts the reboot progress. I updated virus definitions on Symantec Antivirus and run 2 scans, but the problem hasn't been fixed yet. Any advice?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Goto Safe Mode, transfer all your personal media into an external device, and reinstall windows.
Sent from my iPad.
AHHHHH i had this exact problem!!
i can't believe i ran into someone else that did.
okay you're not gonna like the sound of this, but you need to get some form of external memory.

Steps:

1. get external hard drive to back up any important file on your computer (while in safe mode). Also, contact whoever can give customer support and find out what drivers you need to download.
2. Get your windows xp operating system cd.
3. boot your computer with the OS disk in, and follow the instructions. (if it doesn't start a pre-boot sequence, boot in safe mode and run the disk or something)
4. Delete and create new partition for C:\ drive-- as it is the source of all your misery.
5. follow instructions of cd.

If you by chance have a Dell, call tech support. they're SUPER helpful, and will stay on the phone and walk you through anything you could possibly need help with.

ps-- Trust me. I tried LOTS of stuff when i was booting in safe mode, and nothing was helping. when i called Dell, they told me my video driver was messed up and i needed to reinstall my operating system.

buzzkill, sorry my man.
Damn. I had restarted the computer, and turned off the auto restart thing, and was brought to a blue screen which basically said "You got something wrong, restart in safe mode". It said it was mxrsd.sys or something like that. Do I really have to reboot everything?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
Will continuing to use it in safe mode affect the hard drive in any way (until I can get the Windows XP disk from my parents)? Oh, and yes, I do have a Dell, thanks for the advise.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120