so i've made myself really comfortable w/ the blues scale, and now working more on my harmonic minor scale.

what are the general progressions i want to use this scale under? i'm assuming it'd sound good over a minor progression or even some basic G, D, C Em stuff? ionno u guys are better at this than me so inform plz! lol.

maybe more complex chords are in order>? just fill me in and i'll start practicing my harmonic minor!! yay im excited
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
you should move this thread to musician talk they can help you out more in there.

or request it to be moved i don't know how that works
song stuck in my head today

alritey
anyone wanna help?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
alright well cord wise it implies a chord witha b seventh you should play with a major seventh

or a chord with b3rd and a major 7th implies this scale to be used
song stuck in my head today

harmonic minor was created so that the seventh leads up to the root better. In a progression like Amin - Emaj you would use harmonic minor over the Emaj.

Someone else will explain better.. have to go work out
The harmonic minor scale can have two very distinct sounds to it; one has a spanish or middle eastern feel to it, and one is more baroque sounding. The trick to establishing these is what you emphasize about the scale.

The classic example of a baroque-sounding harmonic minor cadence is V i. Because of the raised 7th, the V chord will be major and create a unique flavor when it resolves to the i chord. For a good example of this, check out the stop-time section at the beginning of Yngwie Malmsteen's "Far Beyond the Sun"
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...