On Dimebags guitars, you can see he had electrical tape on his pickups. I would assume he does this so they pickup more sound, making a louder crunchier tone. Is this true, or why did he do that? And should I?

RIP DIMEBAG
ermmm... no.
he did it so the strings wouldnt get stuck under/caught on them whilst dive bombing.
so unless you have a floyd rose or floating trem, its pretty much useless
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Quote by metal_dan
why would i rip a dimebag?

No, just no
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
i thinkt he question is why not do it
and the answer to your question is: because he wanted to
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by dark_gilbert
ermmm... no.
he did it so the strings wouldnt get stuck under/caught on them whilst dive bombing.
so unless you have a floyd rose or floating trem, its pretty much useless

yup
Giuse wat an noob he didn't no who diembag wus lol
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by TatarSalad2
You need to be shot and killed.

...Apparently TarterSalad2 is a fan of irony...
<JimmyPage5290>
Gibson Les Paul Smartwood, and Trogdor (Custom guitar build)> Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde> DigiTech Distortion Factory> Dimebag CryBaby >Fender Hotrod Deville 212
So was pantera.... "Cover Hole in the Sky"

"The shooting's easy if you've got the right gun" - Lyrics from hole in the sky.
Quote by TatarSalad2
On Dimebags guitars, you can see he had electrical tape on his pickups. I would assume he does this so they pickup more sound, making a louder crunchier tone. Is this true, or why did he do that? And should I?

RIP DIMEBAG

So the strings dont get caught on the edges of the pickups when doing extreme divebombing it happens on the bridge pickup on my ibanez all the time so i put duct tape on it. He used a bill lawrence pickup in the bridge position so he never had that problem there because there are no edges same with single coils.
Quote by metal_dan

that's more like it....too many kids round here are unhealthily obsessed with a guy who got fat then got shot.

Darrell was an amazing guitarist and he died tragically but there's really no reason to keep harping on about it. If you really want to make a statement and honour his memory then stop buying the crap that Dean keep churning out with his name plastered all over the place. He only got killed once...Dean are raping his corpse every day.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull

that's more like it....too many kids round here are unhealthily obsessed with a guy who got fat then got shot.

Darrell was an amazing guitarist and he died tragically but there's really no reason to keep harping on about it. If you really want to make a statement and honour his memory then stop buying the crap that Dean keep churning out with his name plastered all over the place. He only got killed once...Dean are raping his corpse every day.

+1

I'm still trying to understand how the TS got to: tape on pickups = louder/crunchier
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by jbaker253
who's up for a good ol' burning @ the stake of "metal dan"?! I AM!

I'm in for the guy who posted a really long noob
god i hate that so much
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
This thread should just die off peacefully.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by metal_dan

That's a really good one.. haha

I'll remember that, hope you don't mind but I'll be using this one.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!