Well for my English class i have to "Modernize" the invocation for the odyssey.I am supposed to sing (which i am not, I am just going to speak it) what i modernized along with a song. My problem comes up with rewriting the invocation, which i need help on. If you have not read the odyssey or if you wanna help me the part i need help on goes like this (in my book)

"Sing in me, Muse, and through me tell the story of that man skilled in all ways of contending, the wanderer, harried for years on end, after he plundered the stronghold on proud height of Troy.

He saw the townlands and learned the minds of many distant men and weathered many bitter nights and days in his deep heart at sea, while he fought olny to save his life, to bring his shipmates home. but not by will nor valor could he save them, for their own recklessness destroyed them all- the cattle of lord Helios, the sun, and he who moves all day through heaven took from their eyes the dawn of their return.

Of these adventure, Muse, Daughter of Zeus, tell is in our time, lift the great song again. Begin when all the rest who left behind them headlong death in battle or at sea had long ago returned, while he along still hungered for home and wife. Her ladyship Calypso clung to him in her sea-hollowed caves- a nymph, immortal and most beautiful, who craved him for her own.

And when long years and seasons wheeling brought around that point of time ordained for him to make his passage homeward, trials and dangers, even so, attended him even in Ithaca, near those he loved. Yet all the gods pitied Lord Odysseus , all but Poseidon, Raging cold and rough against the brave king till he came ashore at last on his own land"

much help would be appreciated
god i love that book. i'll think about it for a second.
Do you have a specific theme or anything that you want to follow? like a certain type of song?
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Quote by TagRingo
god i love that book. i'll think about it for a second.
Do you have a specific theme or anything that you want to follow? like a certain type of song?

yea more of an instrumental song, probably slow if it goes along with what i need help on. I do not really know that many instrumental songs so i am open to suggestions
ok. i got it.

get a rap track or a hip hop beat then just freestyle about Ulysses over it. Like this (sorry, i'm listening my brother's Tupac tapes, this took like five seconds)

Muse, holla through yo boy
we gon spit the verse
Of the man who wrecked troy
and carried Poseidon's curse
odysseus travelled far n wide
and macked foreign hos
though they stood by his side,
he couldn't save his bros

etc etc etc
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Quote by TagRingo
ok. i got it.

get a rap track or a hip hop beat then just freestyle about Ulysses over it. Like this (sorry, i'm listening my brother's Tupac tapes, this took like five seconds)

we gon spit the verse
and macked foreign hos

etc etc etc

THAT WAS AWESOME
Quote by TagRingo
ok. i got it.

we gon spit the verse
and macked foreign hos

etc etc etc

hahahahaahhahahahahahha man i cracked up for a minute. I might be open to listening to anything but when it comes to singing or anything like that i will not do.Like i said i will just speak it like if i was reading something outloud. If i was more into rap and i did that i would, good though
Death Metal it!!!!!!! Growl random words so they can't understand what you're saying, I would. Or if you really wont sing then just mumble and if they teacher asks you to speak up slap him/her with your dick.
Quote by Monolith295
and if they teacher asks you to speak up slap him/her with your dick.

+1.

mann, sucks you won't be able to bust lines like

The suitors tried to take my bitch now I ain't gon truce
I'ma make it rain on them snitches like my name was Zeus
Quote by skater dan0
Quote by TagRingo
+1.

mann, sucks you won't be able to bust lines like

The suitors tried to take my bitch now I ain't gon truce
I'ma make it rain on them snitches like my name was Zeus

well if you do do it ill just "white'n" it up. And just the invocation if you do