i'm in a very jam/experimental band, and i usually play very very bluesy very soulful stuff.. think John Mayer trio, Phish, and Gov't Mule all having a baby, and that would be my band, and my overall style.

for an amp i have a fender hotrod deville 2x12, and i don't favor the drive on it,but the cleans are heavenly!! so i usually use either a big muff, or a pro co rat for my distortion tones. my band gets loud, and i have the Ibanez TS-9, and it's good at what it does,which is drive gain harder.. but for some reason, i haven't been liking the sound too much... sounds like there is something weird with the mids...but i don't know...

so, im now deciding between just staying with the TS-9, or exchanging it for a Fulltone OCD, or an MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive. if anybody could help compare these, and just tell me which is better and for what reason, that'd be a great help!

also note: i would like to use the pedal alone everyonce and a while, which means it wouldn't be overdriving, just sounding gritty on it's own. so im wondering..which sounds better by itself?
Quote by sizzlenetsteve
i'm in a very jam/experimental band, and i usually play very very bluesy very soulful stuff.. think John Mayer trio, Phish, and Gov't Mule all having a baby, and that would be my band, and my overall style.

for an amp i have a fender hotrod deville 2x12, and i don't favor the drive on it,but the cleans are heavenly!! so i usually use either a big muff, or a pro co rat for my distortion tones. my band gets loud, and i have the Ibanez TS-9, and it's good at what it does,which is drive gain harder.. but for some reason, i haven't been liking the sound too much... sounds like there is something weird with the mids...but i don't know...

so, im now deciding between just staying with the TS-9, or exchanging it for a Fulltone OCD, or an MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive. if anybody could help compare these, and just tell me which is better and for what reason, that'd be a great help!

also note: i would like to use the pedal alone everyonce and a while, which means it wouldn't be overdriving, just sounding gritty on it's own. so im wondering..which sounds better by itself?

That would be the Fulltone OCD