Page 1 of 2
But I don't know much of it...

Whats some good rap to listen to? By good rap I mean NOT Crank that Soulja Boy. Its fun but I would never call it good.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
I don't mean to sound beign or anything, but asking in the Pit is bound to have a few haters. I don't have anything against rap, but there are some people who shut their mind away from it, and openly insult those who care to listen to it.

Also, sorry, but personally I don't listen to rap, so I can't give you any advice.
Last edited by yurfinlfntsy at Feb 18, 2008,
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I don't mean to sound benine or anything, but you're kind of asking to get flamed.

Also, sorry, but personally I don't listen to rap, so I can't give you any advice.

Why is he going to get flamed?
I praise him for having an open mind.
I'm actually kind of curious too. I've been meaning to give some of the lesser known stuff a try for a while now.
na, rap is good sometimes.

i personally LOVE the song trying to find a balance, by atmosphere.
eminem has good stuff, so does 50 cent.

EDIT: i forgot about Insane Clown Posse [ICP] and hollywood undead.
alot of ppl dont like icp, but alot do. hollywood undead is like a techno rap. i love it.
Last edited by severed head at Feb 18, 2008,
there are already pretty good threads on what you call "good" rap. searchbar them up
the roots nwa public enemy beastie boys rakim tupac
I am the last Samaurai

Quote by Strati
Note to self: keep off thread while on lsd trip.

Quote by gtrfrk123
Well i'm still fairly young so i still hump random things

Quote by Woogles
****K YOU HOE!
GTFO MAH UG!
GZA
Common
Wu-Tang Clan
Nas
Asheru

These are my favorite.

If you want a good album to start off with I highly recommend the album Illmmatic by Nas.
Download some really old stuff
it should probably be good. Todays cRAP music is all cussing with stolen melodies (Let's Go= crazy train). The old stuff actually sounds somewhat decent
Wu-Tang and Eminem are pretty cool.
ludacris. dmx. NWA. kottonmouth kings. eminem. damian marley and of course...the wu-tang clan
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Quote by Masamune
Why is he going to get flamed?
I praise him for having an open mind.

Fixed now
I hope by "rap" you just mispelled "rock" l
No I'm just kidding it's cool that people are open minded to that music. Unlike me
BITCH, IMA LEAD FARMER

Read 'Em =]
-----------------------------------
[thread="1177989"]Unwanted[/thread]
[thread="1179087"]Rude Awakening[/thread]
my adidas- Run DMC
bring the noise- Anthrax w public enemy

yeah, thats about it
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent
Run DMC is pretty sweet.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
Immortal Technique is amazing, along with Ghostface Killah (of the Wu-Tang).
Lethal B and Dizzee Rascal are pretty cool as well, for the Brit scene.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Quote by RPGoof
Download some really old stuff
it should probably be good. Todays cRAP music is all cussing with stolen melodies (Let's Go= crazy train). The old stuff actually sounds somewhat decent
Wu-Tang and Eminem are pretty cool.

Since when has 'Lil John said that the Let's Go track was his own? It's called sampling dip****, look it up. Rap is better than ever nowadays.
Dickless.
Zebrahead. Perfect rap/rock/punk band. So goddamn good.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
some Lil wayne is alright, eminem, Immortal technique, and Kanye
Quote by rage6945
girls dont get braces in their vaginas buddy
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
But I don't know much of it...

Whats some good rap to listen to? By good rap I mean NOT Crank that Soulja Boy. Its fun but I would never call it good.

I would suggest Papoose, Canibus, Big L, & Biggie Smalls just off the top of my head, they are really good rappers, they are very good lyrically.
Black Attack is one I haven't heard anyone mention ever, found it by accident in someone else's music... then again its pretty much impossible to find online.
Bторой член в"Русскoй группe."PM Vindication to join
Quote by psychedelic420
I think Tiksi settled the matters. haha great job!

Quote by happytimeharry
The power of Christ compels me...

to touch myself.

Deputy Leader, Secretary General, UG Ambassador USA
Bone Thugs And Harmony
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
You would be better off sticking a penis deep inside your ear canal. I have a feeling you would get more musical satisfaction from hearing said penis blow its 'cargo' into your ear.
My favourite rap

Wu-Tang/Ghostface Killah/Gza
Gang Starr
Nas
AZ
Cunninlynguists
MF Doom/Madvillain
Jay-Z
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by LuthierofTexas
You would be better off sticking a penis deep inside your ear canal. I have a feeling you would get more musical satisfaction from hearing said penis blow its 'cargo' into your ear.

Says the hick with the Dean VX.

Go back to your Pantera.
Dickless.
Quote by LuthierofTexas

you would be better off killing yourself.

biggie smalls
NWA
dr. dre
old outkast
wu tang
tupac
nas
jay-z
a tribe called quest
ice cube
talib kweli
ghostface
Quote by LuthierofTexas

K we'll go listen to our rap music while you go and shove a dick in your ear. Have fun.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Get Illmatic by Nas.

That record is the best rap record, probably ever.
Ah.... Yall upset that most people actually see the stupidity of rap and its 'slap a bitch up' mentality?? Yall are some f*cking tools.
Take it to the OTHER section under Bands and Artists and you'll find a huge thread dedicated to this.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Ah.... Yall upset that most people actually see the stupidity of rap and its 'slap a bitch up' mentality?? Yall are some f*cking tools.

Yup, because every rapper raps about 'slapping bitches up' you tool.
Quote by LuthierofTexas

Irony.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I don't mean to sound benine or anything, but asking in the Pit is bound to have a few haters. I don't have anything against rap, but there are some people who shut their mind away from it, and openly insult those who care to listen to it.

its benign
Page 1 of 2