I know making a sports thread on here is like making a thread on penises on a lesbian forum

Did anyone watch it? I think its the best one since jason richardson back in 04 or whever he won in back to back.
dwight howard got :mad ups yo:
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
i didnt watch it gut i heard that dwight howard did some really sweet ally oop dunk wearing a cape and superman shirt

also gerald green put a cupcake with a lit candle on the back of the rim, and blew it out while dunking

and Gerald Green shouldve won
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
Quote by sirlimecat
dwight howard got :mad ups yo:

he proved that big men can fly by jumping from just inside the free throw line on a dunk
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
Quote by jermzxsugarx
i didnt watch it gut i heard that dwight howard did some really sweet ally oop dunk wearing a cape and superman shirt

also gerald green put a cupcake with a lit candle on the back of the rim, and blew it out while dunking

and Gerald Green shouldve won

No he shouldn't have. His final round was nothing to write home about. Dwight Howard killed it.
<Han> I love Hitler
green did the same dunk twice in a row. I mean the no shoe thing was impressive but at least change it up a bit.

and i think the superman dunk was great and creative but i still dont see how it counts as a dunk.
Quote by Fishyesque
I'm still blown away by Iguodala's dunk from off of behind the backboard.

haha , ya that dunk was ****ing amazing

and i only think green should of won cuz hes one of my fav players, and i live in MN and im a twolves fan, and he plays for them
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
It was pretty good, Howard was impressive.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by Fishyesque
I think Iguodala's dunk from off of behind the backboard was better.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKkVzaM-L_k @ 33 seconds in.

Double Edit: @ 1:00. Dang.

i remember watching that contest. that was a pretty good one. who was the guy who won it again? he was like 5'9'' or something. he could really fly.

lol also when iguodala did the round the back dunk, i was so mad because i though i made it up lol. me and my friends would have our own contests and that was one of mine that no one could top.

...this is of course on a lowered net. not 10 feet unfortunatly.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
i remember watching that contest. that was a pretty good one. who was the guy who won it again? he was like 5'9'' or something. he could really fly.

lol also when iguodala did the round the back dunk, i was so mad because i though i made it up lol. me and my friends would have our own contests and that was one of mine that no one could top.

Nice.

It was.. lame, first of all!

I can't remember his name, he's on the Knicks. He just won because he jumped over the other NBA legend guy that won the dunk contest back in the day.
A lot of leapfrogging going on.

Edit: Nate Robinson?
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Last edited by Fishyesque at Feb 18, 2008,
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear

if the guy was 5'9" it was nate robinson of the ny knicks, and ya he can f***ing fly, but not as good as spudd webb who was 5'7" and won the dunk contest twice i think
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
Quote by jermzxsugarx
if the guy was 5'9" it was nate robinson of the ny knicks, and ya he can f***ing fly, but not as good as spudd webb who was 5'7" and won the dunk contest twice i think

yea no one can top spudd. ive seen videos of him and its just unbelievable the things he could do at his height. you'd think it would hurt after comming down lol.
As good as this contest was, it was nowhere near as good as 2000. To be honest, I don't think anybody will ever put on a performance like Vince Carter did that year. That was sick.

And I would put Nate Robinson on the same level as Spud Webb. It was absolutely incredible when Nate brought Spud out and jumped OVER him to dunk it in 2006. I was in awe of that dunk.

EDIT:

And if you think Nate Robinson is 5'9, you're out of your mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f6VE2rRik0

Go to 4:11 of that video. Nate is the exact same height as Spud.
Last edited by AngusIsMyHero at Feb 19, 2008,
Quote by AngusIsMyHero
As good as this contest was, it was nowhere near as good as 2000. To be honest, I don't think anybody will ever put on a performance like Vince Carter did that year. That was sick.

And I would put Nate Robinson on the same level as Spud Webb. It was absolutely incredible when Nate brought Spud out and jumped OVER him to dunk it in 2006. I was in awe of that dunk.

ya but nate cant jump as high as spudd, watch the dunk contest from 86' i think when spudd won on youtube, he f***ing jumps like crazy
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
Quote by jermzxsugarx
ya but nate cant jump as high as spudd, watch the dunk contest from 86' i think when spudd won on youtube, he f***ing jumps like crazy

And Nate Robinson can do better dunks. I'm not trying to say Nate is better than Spud, I'm just saying they are on the same level. Spud had an insane vertical, the guy could flat out jump, but so could Nate. What Spud has Nate beat in pure jumping ability (which is a couple of inches, to be honest), Nate makes up for it in creativity.

If I had to absolutely pick one, I'd probably go with Spud just because he opened the door for guys like Nate, but Nate is definitely up there with him.
Nate's not as good as Spudd was.

This years contest was the best so far in terms of creativity, though I agree that Howard's Superman shouldn't have counted as a dunk. He deserved the win regardless. His hangtime is impressive for someone his size. I would have liked to see a couple more from Moon though (I'm a Raps fan).

And I wish the competitors would realize that people are getting tired of seeing the between-the-legs thing. They need to find something new.

The birthday cake was cool.
Quote by bassbeat77
Nate's not as good as Spudd was.

This years contest was the best so far in terms of creativity, though I agree that Howard's Superman shouldn't have counted as a dunk. He deserved the win regardless. His hangtime is impressive for someone his size. I would have liked to see a couple more from Moon though (I'm a Raps fan).

And I wish the competitors would realize that people are getting tired of seeing the between-the-legs thing. They need to find something new.

The birthday cake was cool.

Raps fan, thats what I'm talking about!
Unlike everybody else, my favorite dunk by Dwight Howard was his first dunk of the second round. When he threw the ball in the air, jumped, caught the ball, hit it off the backboard with one hand, caught it with the other, and then slammed it home. That was a great dunk.

And I think Gerald Green would have had a much better chance of winning it if, on his second one, he would have done some kind of awesome windmill with no shoes on. Like the "against the grain" windmill Vince Carter did in 2000. That would have been sick.