So I'm gonna be getting either a mark III or a mark IV and two recto 2x12s. I'm looking for an agressive metal tone primarily, and the shared EQ of the mark III doesn't matter to me. Any reason I should shell out the extra $$$ for the mark IV? How differently do they sound?
IMO the Mark III sounded a bit better but they both kick ass.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
If you just want the metal tone, then whatever you can get for the cheapest - if you want three good channels at once then it's worth it to save for the Mk IV.
The Mark III was a little more aggressive sounding to my ears. I ended up going with the Mark IV cause I found a great price on it, but I'm pretty pissed that a month later a Mark III with a 4x12 Recto cab went up for sale for $900 for both, $300 less than I paid for just the Mark IV head

Oh well, I love my amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The Mark III was a little more aggressive sounding to my ears. I ended up going with the Mark IV cause I found a great price on it, but I'm pretty pissed that a month later a Mark III with a 4x12 Recto cab went up for sale for $900 for both, $300 less than I paid for just the Mark IV head

Oh well, I love my amp.

WOW I wish I could find a deal like that. Damn.
Mark III

I just brought one a Mark III head and it should soon arrive Brought it for 535$.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by Say Ocean
Is it just me or do versions of amps with less channels usually sound better than the 3 and 4 channel versions?

No, it's not just you.