Allright so, I'm at the point where I wish to upgrade my sound to the tube sound. I have Roland Cube 60 that I'm willing to sell for the following three:

Blackheart BH5H and BH112 Half Stack
Epiphone Valve Junior - Combo/Stack
Fender Champion 600.

I play a large variety of music and I have a modded TS9 at my disposal to use. I also have a metal muff. My current dilemma is that they all sound great to me, I don't know how to choose between them. I want to play the BlackHeart but I have yet to see it in a local shop yet.
I love my fender, but stay away if you want any OD or Dist sounds, even with a pedal. The tiny little speaker just can't handle it. Get one of those 112 half stacks, you'll be much happier when you use your pedals.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I've been hearing that alot about the speaker. What if I were able to upgrade the speaker, considering the relative cheaper price compared to the halfstacks?
Quote by SLdK
I've been hearing that alot about the speaker. What if I were able to upgrade the speaker, considering the relative cheaper price compared to the halfstacks?

The speaker is still quite small for a guitar amp. After you had upgraded the speaker, you'll have payed close to the what half stacks cost, and still not have as good sound. I'd recommend one of the 5 w heads and a 1x12 cab.
the evj takes pedals VERY well. but people seem to like the BH's tone better. they also say that the BH sounds like a modded EVJ so you could always mod a evj pretty easily.

edit: also if you get a evj get the stack not the combo. i had both and now im only left with the head. didnt like the combo to much.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
i kinda feel that the blackheart is a bit of a better deal than the epi. both sound great though, and sound fairly similar to me. the blackheart does have the pentode/triode switch though, as well as tone controls. tone controls arent anything special, but the 5/3w switch givs some nice variation to the amp that i like. however, the epi is more moddable if you are into that stuff. you can add things like a bright switch, a negative feedback switch, and a master volume. so then that can be a bit more versitile if you have the time and knowledge to do those things. so basicly it seems to come down to which has what you want.
You jamming/gigging at all? You realize that these 5W amps aren't going to get as loud as your Cube, right?

If you're playing stuff that uses your Metal Muff, I'd suggest you pass on the Fender. jof covered the bases on the differences between the VJ and the BH. The only other big plus I'd add in regards to the VJ is that it has a proven track record, while the BH is still brand spankin' new.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Thanks alot for the advice guys. This amp is moreso for my personal use. I'm leaning towards the blackheart, considering I don't know how to modify anything.
The blackheart is pretty cool. I would stick with the cube though.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I'm tired of the tones I get on the cube, despite the modeling, it's all become boring and flat to me so that's why I need to go tube. I crave the sound *_*
Fair enough, then I would go with a blackheart for sure. You may need a distortion pedal for metal if you play any though.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Cool. That would be a pretty sweet set up. What kind of guitar?
Quote by doggy_hat
You should be pretty set man. Make sure you try before you buy though.
Quote by doggy_hat
Please post a review after you get the Blackheart. I haven't had the chance to set eyes on one yet (things come to St. Louis kind of slow sometimes.)
I totally will. I'm working on selling my cube now as we speak.
I just got a blackheart amp in the mail the other day, and it is awesome. I used to play on a vox valvetronix amp and loved it, but the valvetronix does not compare in the way of responsiveness and organic feel. the tone controls leave lots of room for sculpting and the 3/5 watt switch is great too. i would not trade that for a standby switch (also used to have a fender hot rod deluxe...sold it when i got the blackheart). finally, which i dont hear mentioned a lot but i think is very interesting, is that the same guy in charge of developing the evj amp broke off and teamed with crate to design the blackheart amp. he was mentioned in the most recent guitar world for doing a good job of monitoring the quality of the amps coming out of china and the blackheart got a great review a few months back in the same magazine. i give this bad boy another great review!