My BC Rich is a great guitar and I'm sad to see it go. I'm wanting to get another Guitar Cabinet though. For sale is a red Platinum Ironbird with gold hardware that has been around the block. It has a couple of nicks on the points of the body but nothing you wouldn't expect from a 10+ year old guitar.

-Gold Hardware
-BC Rich vintage style Kahler looking tremolo. (without bar sorry)
-2 unknown humbuckers (they sound great)
-Volume Knob, Tone Knob, Humbucker Switch, and Tone Switch
-Bolt on Construction
-Reverse Matching red Headstock
-Killer looks
-New Strings
-Low Action

US only please. Make offers.

I have one pic on my profile, but e-mail me if you want more.

nolan_b93@sbcglobal.net

UPDATE: I got this guitar used for 250 (a STEAL.)
Last edited by metal Lover at Feb 19, 2008,
I really wish I could afford something like this.
However, for the other people who can:
You should upload the serial number and also try on www.bcrichplayers.com, they can probably tell you the everything about it.
Also, is it the one with lightning bolt inlays?
EDIT: forget last question, just saw the pic. Sexy
Last edited by 3lusiv3 at Feb 19, 2008,
Quote by metal Lover
I'm looking for 500. You in the ballpark?

I wish I was, I'm not even in the US sadly.
Not busting your stones dude but when were Platinums ever $1200? The NJ Series Ironbirds were $999 max and they were the top of the line imports, I know, I used to sell them and bought a pearl purple one myself. There were 3 levels; Bronze, Platinum and the NJ Series. The Bronze went for $299-399, the Platinum's were $399-599 and the NJ's were $799-999 depending on where you got them. I will say though that the Platinum series guitars are very good players, good quality and the trems stayed in decent tune once you get them adjusted right
1980 Gibson Explorer e/2
1979 Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty
2006 USA Jackson Select RR1T
Quote by Dean ML Tribute
Not busting your stones dude but when were Platinums ever $1200? The NJ Series Ironbirds were $999 max and they were the top of the line imports, I know, I used to sell them and bought a pearl purple one myself. There were 3 levels; Bronze, Platinum and the NJ Series. The Bronze went for $299-399, the Platinum's were $399-599 and the NJ's were $799-999 depending on where you got them. I will say though that the Platinum series guitars are very good players, good quality and the trems stayed in decent tune once you get them adjusted right

This is mostly correct.

This is an old platinum as the OP mentions. Made out of plywood, The trems arent terribly good, I should know i used to have one. No way is it worth even 500 bucks. I would say 200 MAX and thats even in good condition.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Last edited by Asomodai at Feb 19, 2008,
Quote by Dean ML Tribute

Thanks for the info. I read on harmony central that somebody bought one new for 1200. Price has now dropped.
Quote by Asomodai
This is mostly correct, However saying platinum guitars were good is very wrong.-

This is an old platinum as the OP mentions. Made out of plywood, And a trem made from really terrible metal. I should know i used to have one. No way is it worth even 500 bucks. I would say 200 MAX and thats even in good condition.

Thanks for the info. By the looks of your sig, I'd say you know what your talking about.
sorry mark. I got rid of it for 350 shipped on eBay.

Turns out it was damaged in shipping too. The new owner e-mailed me and said that the headstock was broken in three pieces.
Quote by big kiss fan
if you still have it i'm interested ********* mark

you idiot get your number off of there!
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
even if thats true
gear forum is still on the internet
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal