Im buying one off of ebay. Anyone who has this can you give me some advice? Ive never used a Multi processor like this before. I heard this is the best besides the GT10. Hows the wah on it? Its going to be paired up with My RANDALL RG75G3 amp just want to make sure it will work for me. I play mostly metal btw.
I really like the wah on it. What I like about that and basically everything else on my Boss GT-Pro (which has the same sounds as the GT-8), is that all effects are tweakable using the custom effects presets, which allows you to create something of your own from scratch.
Yeah thats really nice, So when I plug it into my Combo Randall amp, Ill set my amp to clean and then have the Boss GT run through the effects input? Or how exactly would i hook it up?
Quote by Dimelives
Yeah thats really nice, So when I plug it into my Combo Randall amp, Ill set my amp to clean and then have the Boss GT run through the effects input? Or how exactly would i hook it up?

I'd recommend having it both in front of the amp and in the effects loop. That is:
- Guitar into GT-8 main in
- GT-8 loop send into amp main in
- Amp FX send into GT-8 loop return
- GT-8 main out into amp FX return

Then you would be able to choose which effects you want before the amp, and which you want in the amp's effects loop. You could use the amp on it's dirty channel if you wanted to, just as if you had normal separate stompbox effects.
Quote by whoismilan
I'd recommend having it both in front of the amp and in the effects loop. That is:
- Guitar into GT-8 main in
- GT-8 loop send into amp main in
- Amp FX send into GT-8 loop return
- GT-8 main out into amp FX return

Then you would be able to choose which effects you want before the amp, and which you want in the amp's effects loop. You could use the amp on it's dirty channel if you wanted to, just as if you had normal separate stompbox effects.

Alright sweet, this will help alot when I get my GT8. Ill probably be asking alot more questions about it though. I hope the manuel will answer some of them though, thanks for the help bro. BTW how does yours sound?
it does a lot of stuff
as for the gt 10 it seems to me it will be a plug in play not a ultimate tweak machine so i'd get the gt8 it's a great multi effect if you play with it but honestly all the presets are crap without heavy tweaking but if you know your sound go for it
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Yeah is there any good videos or online demonstrations on how to use the thing. I have basic knowledge. I just hope its not too hard to use..
download the manual read then mess around and read agian but it is definetly worth the trouble you can get any virtually any sound
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Yeah its coming with the instructions, I just placed my bid on one on ebay for 295. Its practically new. I hope I win, it will sound nice with my RG75G3 amp !