so my marshall dsl 100 head keeps blowing fuses every 3 hours. i was told i probably need to re-tube the thing. should i retube the power and pre amp to be on the safe side and for it to sound best?

also anyone know any good modds? i play alot of heavy stuff but i like my clean to be very clean

thanks for the help
Guitars- Gibson SG Stanadard (stock)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Emg 81/85

Amp- Marshall Jcm 2000 DSL/1960 Lead Cab

Pedals- Boss TU-2, Ibanez TS-9, Boss NS-2, Line 6 DL-4, Boss Ph-3, Boss GE-7
Quote by Adelaide
i was told i probably need to re-tube the thing.

And if you told me you had a headache,
and I told you to have your teeth pulled,
would you listen to me?

A tube could cause you to blow fuses,
but that certainly isn't the only thing.
you might be taking out perfectly good tubes
and replacing them with perfectly good tubes.
... and still blow fuses.

Have a tech look at it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
And if you told me you had a headache,
and I told you to have your teeth pulled,
would you listen to me?

A tube could cause you to blow fuses,
but that certainly isn't the only thing.
you might be taking out perfectly good tubes
and replacing them with perfectly good tubes.
... and still blow fuses.

Have a tech look at it.

The man speaks the truth.

Tubes are the second place you look when servicing a tube amp (they're in sockets for a reason!), but they are certainly not the only thing that can take out a fuse. The first, FYI, is operator error.

If you don't want to take it to a tech or can't find one, first, make sure your fuses are of the correct value. If it's popping fuses and you're replacing them with a lower/wrong value, then it's going to keep popping fuses. Next, try new power tubes and rectifier tubes. If one of them got shorted, it could keep popping fuses.

If it's not either of those, chances are good it's a faulty/shorted power supply filter cap. I wouldn't suggest opening up your amp unless you know what you're doing, but that's about the only way to check. I'm not going to tell you how to open your amp, what to look for, or where to look because I don't really think you should be doing it. If you're so inclined to do it yourself, you can find the info on the internet, but realize that there are voltages in that amp that can kill you even when it's turned off and unplugged.

Beyond that, I don't think you have the capabilities to fix whatever is wrong, even if you could figure out what is doing it. You might need to replace the PT, the OT, the choke (if your amp has one), or track down a random short in the B+ or AC line.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's