Im a metal guitarist in S/W Calgary with seven years experience and a Paul Reed Smith Single cut. I have lots of riffs that i F*** around with that sound pretty good to me but i cant put them into songs or even get any feedback cause i dont have anyone to jam with.
influences include Slayer, Lamb of god, As I lay dying, all that remains, Slipknot etc

I really just want someone to jam with, but if we get good, im stoked for getting serious.

METAL FOR LIFE
I would love to play some metal, I've got my own riffs. Though my equipment isn't exactly metal standard... Well, whatever.

Where do you live?
"I've been visiting a psychiatrist for some time now. He plays mind games. He asks things like 'do you masturbate'? and I say 'do you breathe?'."
Ozzy - 1975
Im in the westhills region of sw, i havnt lived here that long, so i dont know much about the area, ummmm im near mount royal college, westbrook mall, im on 17th ave if that helps at all, 17th and sarcee trail.
Unfortunately, I don't live near there. I live in Cranston (SE corner). Not extremely far away, but I can't drive yet. What's your situation like?
"I've been visiting a psychiatrist for some time now. He plays mind games. He asks things like 'do you masturbate'? and I say 'do you breathe?'."
Ozzy - 1975
naw man im only seventeen and i dont drive yet, let alone have my own car(damn i gotta get on that) doese the city bus go that far? i dont even know where that is lmao im from vancouver originally. but if i can get a bus or something i wouldnt mind lugging for **** down for a good old jam fest. OMG what do you think of bring me the horizon i just bought count your blessings and its one of the sickest new grindcore albums iv ever heard.
Language is the hearts lament
a weak attempt to circumvent
the lonliness inherent in each of us
(like all the future ghosts who scratch their names in wet cement)
*adds another metal band to my ****ing long list of bands to listen to* I'll definitely check them out.

From there, you might have to take a train, and then a bus. I'm not sure, I'll have to check it out.
Ozzy - 1975
BTW this is still open to anyone and everyone interested and its NOT SPECIFIC TO GUITAR PLAYERS anyone drummers, singers, bassists, hell even keyboard players(ever heard of 'HORSE the band'? check them out, you'll thank me) im goin nuts lookin for someone to jam with!!!!!!!!
I'm itching to jam with someone as well. Unfortunately, I'm busy as hell right now. I'll try to set up something soon.

BTW, I'm thinking of experimenting with other instruments (bass, keyboards, etc). I'm extremely experimental. I just need some money... Though all I have is $5.

I'm into melodic/symphonic metal. Is that alright?
Ozzy - 1975
well basically if you can play guitar you can play bass the principals are pretty much the same, i dont know **** about keyboards tho, except they sound cool.

melodic symphonic metal??? like.....megadeth? i dont know much about symphonic but most of the metal i listen too is pretty melodic i dont like super grindy ****in like.....noisecore bull****. the closest i get to that is like pig destroyer, and i only like a few of their songs. keep in mind i consider lamb of god to be melodic LMAO

i dunno hit me with a few bands you would consider to be melodic metal
To me, it doesn't matter as long as it's not constant screaming and has some killer melodies.
Ozzy - 1975
you should listen to Protest the Hero, there singer actually sings and doese it respectably and they have two of the most wicked ****ing guitar players ive seen since...like....ever. seriously check them out your jaw will drop i guarantee it. even their bass player stands out as his own talented entity(not just following the guitar riffs like most bands). The song that got me into them was Blindfolds Aside, which is still one of my faves, but they just recently put out a new album (Fortress, came out end of january) if you can, get Palms Read and Bloodmeat, both from fortress. Sequia Throne is pretty good too.