I just recently got into them. Anyone else like them?
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

What's their best album or top 5 songs so I can get into 'em/see if I like 'em?
I like their older stuff, but I think Fate of Norms is one of their best albums, as for the music get Pursuit of the Vikings or Cry of the Blackbirds, there are a lot more, just search them.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Yes, viking metal FTW!!!

In my opinion they are the best headbangers ever.

+3.14264997464515662 on the headbangers part.
Yeah, they're great.

With Oden On Our Side is definitely worth buying
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
GOOOODS OF wAAAR ARIIISE
Quote by devilscruffs14
once i banged a 5 year old chick, i love banging older women.

HAHA
One of my favourite bands! Awesome live! Thousand Years Of Opression, Cry Of The Blackbirds, The Beheading Of A King, Pursuit Of Vikings, Runes To My Memory and Death In Fire ftw! FIGHT FOR HONOR GLORY DEATH IN FIRE!
i can't stand them personally, i find it way to cheesy. its more like something to laugh at for me. id put them in the same category as like alestorm or turisas. just too cheesy for me
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
i dont think its that cheesy, but generic as far as guitaring goes, they have some good songs though, certainly overrated in my opinion
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
i dont think its that cheesy, but generic as far as guitaring goes, they have some good songs though, certainly overrated in my opinion

You have to see them live to understand it.
Not really, music is music, a live show is just an extra, and to me has no relation to the music :P but rather the music that itself is already "made" "recorded" and set, ya know, as for that... well. yeah... what does kick ass are the yelled vocals at the end of uh... The Dragon's Flight Across the Waves... and Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds pwns hard too
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
Not really, music is music, a live show is just an extra, and to me has no relation to the music :P but rather the music that itself is already "made" "recorded" and set, ya know, as for that... well. yeah... what does kick ass are the yelled vocals at the end of uh... The Dragon's Flight Across the Waves... and Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds pwns hard too

No, really, Amon Amarth are different, you have to see them live.
ffs, I like their music, I just think they're overrated as hell, wtf do I need to see them live for, be like "oh they're nice people... i feel bad for not liking their music as much"
I really like Oden on Our Side, but it's the only album I have. What's the next one I should look for?
Who dat?
Cry of the Blackbirds is like one of the greatest songs ever!
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
Quote by magneto6
What's their best album or top 5 songs so I can get into 'em/see if I like 'em?

Top 5 Songs (not in order)
- Death in Fire
- Valhall Awaits Me
- The Pursuit of Vikings
- Cry of the Blackbirds
- Vs. the World

There are a bunch of others, too.

Can't really go wrong with any cd, but older stuff is definitely a bit slower paced (listen to Victorious March and The Dragons' Flight Across the Waves).
There's a huge thread on them around here somewhere. Anyways, all their stuff is good.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318837&highlight=amon+amarth

PlayingwithFire, those songs are defenitely slow, but a lot of the older stuff is a bit faster and more chaotic than their newer albums. Then they kinda go to this mid paced tempo and now they're back to being breakneck. People should check out stuff from older albums like The Crusher and The Avenger. They're as good if not better than WOOOS and Vs. The World, but it's Amon Amarth, so all of it is good.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by Mind Kill
Yeah, they are kinda overrated. But still awesome! *cough*seethemlive*cough*

haha nice xD I like them, I just think they're hugely overrated, and I have to agree that uh The Beheading of a King is quite nice, at least the intro riff, the drums are used effectively though its quite a "generic" riff^^

my top five songs by AA are as follows <.<

1. Burning Creation
2. Across the Greyclouded Winter Sky
3. The Dragon's Flight Across the Waves
4. In Pursuit of Vikings -bad ass drum fill near the middle and a relatively nice tremolo interlude... where the drum fill also occurs-
5. hell dunno.... Abandoned probably
Live, they have the best stage presence of any band I've seen so far.
Quote by Makkis
Live, they have the best stage presence of any band I've seen so far.

+alot
Best half hour of my life when they played here. They were the reason I went to SOTU.
-shrugs- ill see them one day, hopefully when ATG tours the US, so I dont have to just see AA and not be that thrilled -music wise, I guess I cant speak about their stage presence- however... I saw Vehemence live a few days ago... quite an awesome show, though they didnt play my fav songs all their shiznit owns yo >;(
Me Liky da Symphonic metal of DOOM even though my dumb ass cant get the tuning right
Every time an emo kid cuts them self a viking comes down from the pagan land and dismembers him

[/teasing Emenius]

Once Sent From the Golden Hall is still their best album, it crushes babies with the hammer of Thor.

That is all.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Kinda, I think Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds is kewler yo

I dont really like the horsman in that one... its all... skinny and seeming wearing a bandana

I dont think Odin would like to be depicted as 5foot tall 80 pound kid <_<!

Burning Creation is just their best song TABS FOR THE ALBUM PL0X!!!
theres already a thread of them.

They're pretty sweet though.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
My friend saw them live a while back and ever since then he's been pissed off after coming out of every live concert saying that they were just so crap compared to Amon Amarth. He's actually pretty upset that he's not enjoying anything he pays for now, because he subconsciouslly compares it to Amon Amarth's epic live show everytime. I got the impression that I really have to see these guys.
-sighs- sounds like a bull**** story but I guess I'll check them out sometime... how is it epic anyway?
I love the drums on Once sent from the golden hall but it's Martin Lopez so it's no wonder they are so good.
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER