I recently started to jam with a small band and I have a Roland micro cube atm(10w). If i cranked it all the way up it could somewhat cover up the drummer, but I'm debating whether if I need a new amp or not. Also, the bassist had a 100w amp, I think my Roland might get devoured.

Should I replace my Roland? and if i do, do you guys have any reccomendations for a practice/garage band amp? Not too sure if we are doing any performances, though.

Btw, we play punk/hard rock and some metal. I would like to spend as little as possible for the new amp, but I would spend more if the amp is definetely worth it; i have up to $400 or more to spend.
yes, more volume basically
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by spiderjerusalem
yes, more volume basically

do you have any suggestions for an amp?
get like 30 watt tube amp or something.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
even 15 will do for gigs

edit: for 400 bucks id say get a Peavey valveking combo plus an OD pedal. a ts-9 of some sort. youll have no trouble getting all those genre/tones out of it especially with the added od.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
****ing hell lol, 10 watt amp will not survive gigs.
you need at least 50 watt.
Quote by sg622
even 15 will do for gigs

edit: for 400 bucks id say get a Peavey valveking combo plus an OD pedal. a ts-9 of some sort. youll have no trouble getting all those genre/tones out of it especially with the added od.

15 watts will not be loud enough for a real gig that doesnt include your bedroom.
if its a bar, you need more volume.
I think that for a gig you need atleast 30w, if you crank 15w amp too loud it will be damaged... I played one gig with my own roland 34w roland cube and it worked great
price range?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by uvq
id suggest a 100 watt marshall.

Don't listen to this guy. He's probably talking about a Marshall MG. You will need a decent valve amp between 15-30 watts. Don't worry about your bass players wattage, as the low frequency of bass guitars has to be amplified more to be able to compliment the more cutting sound of a guitar. You'd get away with 50w no problem even if your bass player had a 300w Ampeg bass amp.

Your budget says you want to spend at least $400. Does that mean you want a more expensive amp? If so, look for something like a B-52, Peavey Valveking, or maybe a used Marshall valve combo.

And remeber:

You don't need a half-stack.

You don't need 100 watts.

Happy shopping.
Oh and by the way, the Micro Cube is actually 2 watts. It might take in 10 watts, but it puts out 2 watts.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by sg622
even 15 will do for gigs

+1

Best suggestion for hard rock/metal on $400 or so. You could go with the Digitech Bad Monkey OD for about half the price of the Ibanez, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by JimiGrohl
I think that for a gig you need atleast 30w, if you crank 15w amp too loud it will be damaged... I played one gig with my own roland 34w roland cube and it worked great

30 watts solid state is nothing compared to a 15 watt tube.
15 watts is plenty for a bar/club and will easily get over a drummer.
but like i said before Peavey VK Plus an OD is your best bet.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE