Page 1 of 2
hehe... In a Bass? It really depends, but i love the neck, and the tuning nobs, and the way you see tons of bass guitars with coloured strings. I also dig the way they're ultra fun to play.
the brand is a brand out of UK its sold here in oz eerywhere. they are good guitars and basses but still pretty cheap feling i mainly put that one up coz it looks cool
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
I'm in aus, I've never seen one.

It's definately not an epiphone or gibson, the signature isn't right.
Anyway, I do agree that, that bass is pretty nice but every time i look at my fender jazz it becomes more and more sexier.
well my local store only stocks them and its 20mins to store which has gibsons, ibanez and so on. the brand is legacy
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Natural finishes always get me.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Spalted Maple & always a maple neck.

Scallops are always good to me. Rounded edges to the body and really nice/unusual fret inlays.
3+2 or 2+2 headstocks are important, angled with no string trees. I'm not that bothered about having a fancy looking piece of wood. I don't like pickguards particularly. It's all about the tone though.

If I made a list of things I don't really like in a bass, all the things I don't like probably add up to make a Fender P...but I still love them.
I think the body shape plays a key part in an attractive bass for me. I love the NS body shape of my Spector. Also, I think the neck has to be thick enough, not too thick, but not flimsy either. Oh, and a maple neck too. Maybe some EMGs too. Damn, I just described my bass
signature
physically: the body shape.
"It's fun until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious."
A natural body shape, flashy finish, a nice pickguard, and a MM head.

If anyone finds a bass such as this, please know that I am a tall caucasion male who enjoys playing bass, and long walks on the beach.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by IndianRockStar
I like my basses the way I like my women. Nice body, knobs aren't too big, and most of all, sounds great.

You stole that right out of my mouth.

So instead I'll say this.

I like my basses the way I like my women. Zesty, and Italian. (I guess?)
I like my basses classic and simple. Plain finishes, a nice natural/transparent finish with and ash body, a black or a sonic blue Fender/Musicman with chrome hardware will do me nicely. Don't like too many knobs and I don't like all the "different" shaped basses such as Alembic, Warrior or Ritter, I just find them slightly ungainly.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Last edited by indie-bassist at Feb 19, 2008,
black, white, natural, or sunburst finishes are the best. A Jazz Bass with a shell pickguard, abalone/pearl block inlays, thumbrest, pickup and bridge covers = Sexiest Ever
A T-bird and a Big Muff in your GAS list!? Egad man, are you trying to kill me!?
Fender MIM Jazz Bass
Line6 LD150Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
I like natural finshes and Tobacco sunburts

vintage looks and matching headstocks and block inlays

I think the Mustang bass is stoopidly sexy with its vintage look and sound

same with the old 50's style P-basses, with that big ol' pick up and the funky headstock

yeah, put an old skool P-bass head stock shape on a Mustang, and I think I'd have to marry it...

that's a pretty weird thing to say

*EDIT* and Thin necks are a MUST!!!

the Jaguar bass is also rather nice looking, and looks retro rather than vintage
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Last edited by skippy_moogoose at Feb 19, 2008,
Quote by indie-bassist
I like my basses classic and simple. Plain finishes, a nice natural/transparent finish with and ash body, a black or a sonic blue Fender/Musicman with chrome hardware will do me nicely. Don't like too many knobs and I don't like all the "different" shaped basses such as Alembic, Warrior or Ritter, I just find them slightly ungainly.

I'm with indie on the classic look, esp. if it has a vintage feel. I love classic colours and the traditional sun and tobacco burst finishes. I love the classic Fender, musicman and Rics to death.
Pretty much any bass with 7+ strings and/or fanned frets is immediately sexy. I'm a fan of the crazy-styled basses, with Ritter and Jerzy Drozd being favorites.

As for "normal" basses, uncommon/beautiful woods get me. Burled Buckeye or Spalted Maple are amazing and the former with the right stain and finish is incredibly amazing. (see Ritter) Fender-esque basses are boring to me, as well as any knock-offs. Round bottoms and medium-pointy horns get me.

All Warwicks are sexy and no B.C. Riches look good. Period. The Thunderbird looks nice, but I'd never own one because of the problems with that bass.

A natural finish with a black burst is sexy as no one's business. Any hardware other than chrome is good. One color, glossy finishes are ugly, except for the Aerodyne. (The cream binding sets it apart)

All this, of course, is IMO.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
- Transparent finishes, especially Trans Black... maybe red.
- "Reliced" instruments. Looks better on basses than on $60 jeans.
- Black + Maple basses
- White + Black or Tortoise Shell basses
- Fender MIA DLX Jazz Basses
- Warwick Streamers
- A solid feeling neck, but not clumsily so
- Nothing too "modern" looking (Ie. most Ibanezes, ESPs, Schecters)
Quote by Charlatan_001
- Transparent finishes, especially Trans Black... maybe red.
- "Reliced" instruments. Looks better on basses than on $60 jeans.
- Black + Maple basses
- White + Black or Tortoise Shell basses
- Fender MIA DLX Jazz Basses
- Warwick Streamers
- A solid feeling neck, but not clumsily so
- Nothing too "modern" looking (Ie. most Ibanezes, ESPs, Schecters)

yeah, all of that along with my other post

lol
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by lonestarwings
Personally I like a traditional looking body but a smallish head with 2 x 2 or 2 x 3 tuners (rather than 4x0, 5x0, or 4x1). I also think black hardware looks nice.

In aesthetics, this bass looks great to me:

http://www.ibanez.com/bass/guitar.aspx?m=SR305

Yeah, that's my liking too. I personally like basses of that style, with the 3x2 tuners, black hardware, but I personally would love to get a bass with this paint:
http://www.ibanez.com/bass/guitar.aspx?m=SRX595
But, I personally don't like exposed magnets on the pickups. I also don't like Fenders and Gibsons or natural wood basses, sorry that's just not me, they just look too jazzy, or funk, or pop, or whatever (IMO). Black fretboards and blocked frets turn me on though XD.
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
Take a nice Fender Jazz. Now, don't change anything about it. There we go.

Preferably in a deep, dark red.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I love the classic Fender look and usually hate basses where they look similar to the Fender, but tried to make it a little "original".

yeah, that gets on my tits.
Quote by mhylands
Yeah, that's my liking too. I personally like basses of that style, with the 3x2 tuners, black hardware, but I personally would love to get a bass with this paint:
http://www.ibanez.com/bass/guitar.aspx?m=SRX595
But, I personally don't like exposed magnets on the pickups. I also don't like Fenders and Gibsons or natural wood basses, sorry that's just not me, they just look too jazzy, or funk, or pop, or whatever (IMO). Black fretboards and blocked frets turn me on though XD.

yeah! thats what my bass looks like, I really like the look of the flamed maple top and the sort of dark chrome knobs. I quite like being able to see the grain of the wood on a bass and a matt finish of some sort is always nice.
Quote by Mongoose87
Take a nice Fender Jazz. Now, don't change anything about it. There we go.

Preferably in a deep, dark red.

exactly what I've got
A T-bird and a Big Muff in your GAS list!? Egad man, are you trying to kill me!?
Fender MIM Jazz Bass
Line6 LD150Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
I like basses with natural wood finish, and I LOVE the exotic woods used in Warwick basses, like bubinga, and ovangkol.
Im a sucker for natural finishes. I love neck thru with multi stripes of different types of woods and really thin necks.
Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams And American Idiot's Solos!!!! Those Are Soooo Good!!!
greenday1182
Page 1 of 2