Ok, after a lot of research I will either buy the :

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Hellraiser-C1-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513134

Or:

Ibanez RG1570
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1570-Electric-Guitar?sku=519965

which one do you think is better for me??

I play Metallica 80s and 90s stuff , Hard Rock , Heavy Metal and some Alternative sometimes, but mostly Metal and Hard Rock. I have Zoom fire modeling amp. Thanks guys
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
well my friend has the ibanez but with a floating bridge and its good but i hate it coz i dnt like metal and i have no experience
with the other one
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
if you want to change tunings do not buy a guitar with a floating bridge
if you want a floyd rose get the schecter
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Last edited by Dan shreds at Feb 19, 2008,
the hellraiser has a slow neck but its not that bad but tis nothing compared to the rg neck.... my friend has one and its an awesome guitar,the rg that is, but the stock pickups arnt too good i dont think so yeah.
hellraiser, emgs.... nice avatar btw...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Go find, and play them and pick which one you like better.

I like Ibanez necks the best and the Edge Pro kicks ass. You could use the $100 you would save on the Ibanez to get pick-ups of your choice, unless you want EMGs then you might as well get the schecter.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by Dan shreds

+1
Quote by _-Skeletor-_
the hellraiser has a slow neck but its not that bad but tis nothing compared to the rg neck.... my friend has one and its an awesome guitar,the rg that is, but the stock pickups arnt too good i dont think so yeah.

different style necks indeed. A pickup change DEFINATELY is for the better on the RG1570.

Id personally go Ibanez, as i enjoy the necks.
2005 Ibanez RG1570
1998 Ibanez RG7620
1998 Mesa 2 Ch. Dual Rec
so you think I should get the RG and change the pick ups? can I change the pick ups by myself o is it too hard coz we dont have music stores in here and I have to order the guitar from the US
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
Last edited by shpaz at Feb 19, 2008,
Quote by shpaz
so you think I should get the RG and change the pick ups? can I change the pick ups by myself o is it too hard coz we dont have music stores in here and I have to order the guitar from the US

Well, a few things:

-yes, you can swap pickups yourself; it's not that hard

-a pickup swap is only effective when you pair the guitar with a good amp; if you haven't got one, keep the pickups stock. Besides, I don't really get why so many people want to swap them out straight away, why not just see if you like them?

-when ordering from the US, keep in mind you have to add tax and shipping, plus major companies like GC and MF don't ship outside the US or Canada (in some cases)

Quote by Dan shreds

The Edge Pro on the Ibanez is just as good as, if not better than, the OFR on the Schecter.

Also, if you invest a whopping 60$ on a Tremol-no, most of the hassle commonly related with locking trems will be gone.

Right... one more thing: do you realise that these are pretty different guitars? They have a few similarities, but that's it. The neck profile for instance is quite different on these guitars. So you should try them side by side before deciding on either one.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 19, 2008,
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Right... one more thing: do you realise that these are pretty different guitars? They have a few similarities, but that's it. The neck profile for instance is quite different on these guitars. So you should try them side by side before deciding on either one.

Seriously, the Hellraiser FR versus 1570 topics are odd. It's like choosing between a Korean SUV and a Japanese sports coupe. Very few things in common.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
do NOT get that hellraiser. The EMG's will sound like trash on your modelling amp. And the schecter neck is glossed, and beefy. The ibanez on the other hand is oiled and thin. And for those who are saying dont get a floyd rose, shutup. He obviously wants one. And the edge pro is JUST AS good as a OFR/schaller/whatever else locking trem. Its the edge 3 that is bad. Even though the maple top is nice, eventually you will get sick of the 3 pounds of abalone on it.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I feel for you guys that can't play the guitar before you buy it, I would never do that but I have the luxury of being where I can try them out. Of the two I have played the Ibanez and liked it a lot. Many people on this site like the Hellraisers. Good luck
Mahogany Body = Hetfield
EMG = Hetfield & Kirk Hammett
Floyd Rose = Kirk Hammett
24 Frets = Kirk Hammett

if the majority is Metallica, then the answer cannot be anymore obvious, the Hellraiser FR, for everything else, there's a beautiful thing called an EQ on your amplifier, and depending on the amp you can get some very versatile tones out of it, so I say go for the Hellraiser.
Quote by shpaz

I was going to buy the RG1570MRR (discontinued now), but musiciansfriend doesn't ship outside USA.
go for the ibanezz
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
Quote by VivaLaJam
Hellraiser, better quality
Says who? More importantly, why.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!