hey there.

so im buying a new Vox amp next week, probly an AC30 head, i was getting the combo but i picked up a real nice cab, so i thought id get the head.

anyway while i was searching for Voxs i found these little amplug things,

which u plug straight into you guitar, pop in a couple batterys and plug in your headphones.
they look pretty damn cool but ive never seen or heard of them before!

has anyone had any experience with them?
would the ac30 version give off a half descent ac30 tone?

if i had one of these, i could take my guitar on our road trips and play guitar through the car stereo, or play it thought my stereo at home. i could take my electric to the park, i reckon theyd be insane.

im just not sure what the sound quaiity is

any help?

heres the link
http://www.landersmusic.com/amps_vox.htm
Quote by zappp
Sammi-Ellen is my australian (wish i had aborted) daughter!!
I haven't tried these myself, but the guitarist in my band got one for christmas, and he said it was rather cool.
I don't remember that he said anything else than that.

On the other hand, if you can afford a AC30 head, I don't think you should be too worried about the sound of the amplug, as it is rather cheap.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
In my opinion, they're a bit expensive. I mean, you can get a mini amp for $40. They should at least be a little less expensive than something that comes with a speaker. Hell, for the price of all three Vox amplugs, you could get a Pocket POD.
Quote by HellRaiser620
In my opinion, they're a bit expensive. I mean, you can get a mini amp for $40. They should at least be a little less expensive than something that comes with a speaker. Hell, for the price of all three Vox amplugs, you could get a Pocket POD.

Hm. Here in Sweden a mini amp is about 1200skr($185), while an amplug is roughly 400($62)skr.

So the mini amps are three times more expensive in Sweden, but hell, everything in Sweden is expensive as hell.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
You poor swedes...
Over here in the US, everything is cheap.
I want to try the AC30 amplug. I probably won't be a fan of the metal one or the other one.
I've heard it's alright. It's probably better than most practice amps you can get, maybe with less headroom.
But... I don't think they're anything to ape over.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I'm thinking one of these through a tape adaptor in the car would be the coolest thing everr.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
I'm thinking one of these through a tape adaptor in the car would be the coolest thing everr.

thats the first thing i thought when i saw them!
Quote by zappp
Sammi-Ellen is my australian (wish i had aborted) daughter!!
I haven't tried one myself, but I've heard reliable people say it's actually pretty good.

Avoid the Classic Rock though, the AC30 can do what it does, better.