I know now pretty good all kind of scales and modes, but i don't know really much about what chords to use on them? Let's say if I use Bm7 Dm Esus would I be using B-minor scale? that chord progression might not sound good but i just took something for example, any good help? and please don't offer me that music theory the beginning lesson i've read it.
鋼の錬金術師
Quote by Punkismygod
Let's say if I use Bm7 Dm Esus would I be using B-minor scale? [...] and please don't offer me that music theory the beginning lesson i've read it.

That's a non-diatonic chord sequence, so you'd have to be a bit cleverer than using one single scale. A Bm7 chord has the note of F# in, and a Dm chord has the note of F in it. Other than that i guess you could get away with a Bm scale.
So I must look at what notes are in the chords like the 1 3 5 7? ohhh, that makes alot sense! thanks dude
鋼の錬金術師
I know where you're coming from. Two answers - two approaches to soloing over chords

1. Yes. the progressions starts and 'belongs' in Bm7, use that scale (Bm pent to be safe)

2. Follow the chord changes with the scales for each chord. Kind of a Charlie Parker jazz approach, playin them changes.

personally I dont like the sound of the 2nd approach (its sounds a bit safe) and like the tensions and resolutions of the 1st approach. Its a bit bluesier. And I guess another advantage is its easier.

But with time you eventually know when to mix and match the different approaches, when to play inside and when to play outside, and the ultimate goal is, in reality, not to consciously think when you play, not to use your brain at all, just to let it come out as you hear what you're playing over. But that takes time, perseverance and knowing you're going to sound crap at times while you're learning that.