OK I'm gonna be buying a bass multi-effects unit, but can anyone tell me where it plugs in on amps? I have a Peavey Microbass amp, in case it varies by model.

Just wanna make sure it's actually compatible with my gear.
usually (with normal guitar, but i think it's the same for bass), you plug it between your guitar and your amp or in the effects chain, but your amp doesn't have one, just place it between your bass and your amp
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Quote by Wratheh
Oh I see so you need 2 leads?

i use two leads for my boss ME50 don't know if that applies to every multiple effect unit though....

so good luck with that!
You plug your bass into the pedals input, and connects the pedal's output to the amp input.

Some effects work better in an effects loop, but your amp most probably doesn't have one.

In all honesty, your tone will be much better with a new amp. 20W, especially through an 8" speaker will never sound great. Really consider a new amp, as your tone will increase many times more througha good amp than with a multi effects pedal.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Wratheh
Oh I see so you need 2 leads?

Yes, you should do it like this
Bass Guitar--lead 1-->Multi-effects pedal--lead 2-->Amp

By the way, which one are you getting, is it a Pod, zoom, bp-series, something else?
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Quote by poipoi
Yes, you should do it like this
Bass Guitar--lead 1-->Multi-effects pedal--lead 2-->Amp

By the way, which one are you getting, is it a Pod, zoom, bp-series, something else?

Nail on the head, but gm jack is right, get a nice amp!

Directed at Wratheh.