Hey guys,

I like to play blues and metal,

i was gonna go for an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and after listening to Dragon Force and Def Leppard.

I really love playing with the Whammy bar and want a new guitar with a whammy bar i was thinking is the urm Jackson guitar any good?

I play with Kustom amp (But don't its ok for the time being considering i am upgrading that as well so don't worry about that)

my price is just under £299.
Quote by killedbyaspork
because there is also a gibson squire, and they don't want to get them confused
All suggestions are open.

need info ASAP!
Quote by killedbyaspork
go for some les paul with bigsby thing on it
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Some kinda of ibanez of gak? Maybe a schecter if you want to have a search yourself
look for guitars made out of mahogany, at least two humbuckers and some kind of trem your going to get a similar tone as a les paul similar not exact obviously.
jacksons are sweet but thats a pretty low price tag. For that kind of cash I'd look into a fender fat strat
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Serjem
go for some les paul with bigsby thing on it

A Bigsby isn't going to give him anything dramatic. The best it'll do is subtle vibrato.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Firstly if you want a whammy equipped guitar then you are going to have to come up with more cash as the ones in your price range are all going to come with copies and liscensed floyds which are made with inferior materials and dont have the lifespan of the real deal. In my mind you have 2 choices for a floyd on a budget. A low end Ibanez Prestige RG which will come with the excellent Edge Pro or a Schecter Hellraiser FR which has an original Floyd Rose. The Ibanez can be had from about £450 and the Schecters are about £500. It is most definatly worth saving a bit more if you want a floyd trem that will serve you for years.

If you want a great guitar for your budget but are willing to loose the Floyd trem then a Washburn X50 pro is by far the best guitar deal in the UK. Set Neck, Thru body Stringing, Seymore Duncan original pickups Custom Custom(Bridge)/59(Neck), Buzz feiten tuning system for awesone intonation, Mahogany body/Quilted maple top, grover tuners. It really is a deal that puts all other guitars for this price to shame.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
For that price range, you might want to look at an ESP LTD.

And consider buying your new guitar used.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
For the amount of money you have, dont get a whammy bar, unless you're getting a vintage/2 point trem. none of the locking trems at that price are worth a damn.

Edit: Wait, ibanez prestige are cheaper in europe?! nevermind.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
whats your budget? thats the first thing you gotta ask yourself. personally, i was in your same situation, and i was thinking about getting a Jackson. I played the Dinky's and such, because that was in my range. i was really dissapointed. they felt really cheap. the floyd felt and looked like it was going to fall off. i thought the heel from the bolt on was really annoying and most of all the pickups were just lame. i could not get anything out of them. i just purchased a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, w/out the floyd. its an amazing guitar. First of all, it looks totally badass, the gothic cross inlays, maple top, and the abalone binding are beastly. The set neck really performs and every fret is perfectly reachable. the EMG's contrary to popular belief can do anything. the coil taps allow for almost any sound. its really a stand up ax and i cant say enuf good stuff about it.
Quote by 51VH50
whats your budget? thats the first thing you gotta ask yourself. personally, i was in your same situation, and i was thinking about getting a Jackson. I played the Dinky's and such, because that was in my range. i was really dissapointed. they felt really cheap. the floyd felt and looked like it was going to fall off. i thought the heel from the bolt on was really annoying and most of all the pickups were just lame. i could not get anything out of them. i just purchased a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, w/out the floyd. its an amazing guitar. First of all, it looks totally badass, the gothic cross inlays, maple top, and the abalone binding are beastly. The set neck really performs and every fret is perfectly reachable. the EMG's contrary to popular belief can do anything. the coil taps allow for almost any sound. its really a stand up ax and i cant say enuf good stuff about it.

Just under £299.00
Quote by killedbyaspork