I bought the EMT-789C tuner on musicstore, but Its the first tuner that I have, so I can't use it to tune...

My problem is this, For example If I want to tune my High E string to B, there are 2 things on the tuner, the key and the note, wich one is for the string and wich one to put the string at B? because where is key ther is only " E, B, C and F " so I don't understand it.

By the way, I want to tune it to drop B

sorry for my bad english

Andre Brito

Last edited by Andre Brito at Feb 19, 2008,
Buy a better chromatic tuner where you can tune all the notes by the semi tone. They're not that expensive and way more versitile.
Quote by cowboy_bill
Buy a better chromatic tuner where you can tune all the notes by the semi tone. They're not that expensive and way more versitile.

my problem Is that I dont understand the tuner:S
Quote by phillyguitar
i believe he's asking how to use this tuner, not what new one he should buy

Can you explain the situation any better?

Yes, well I don't understand how to tune a string to B, It appears Key " E, B, C and F " or Note (all the notes) but when I put Key E (to tune to drop B) and Note B, I can't tune it (I guess that the cause of this is that in Key there's only one E (so I dont know if it is High or Low)
Why not make life a lot easier on yourself and start out from standard tuning. This will give you a reference point so that you know where all of your strings are.
Then tune down to whichever altered tuning you want to go to. You won't need to use the tuner either if you know the notes of your fretboard. They're all there for you already. If you want B, where is it on the fretboard from standard tuning? 2nd fret of the A string right? There you go, use that note to start the process. No tuner involved. I tried looking up information on your tuner, but everything I found was not in english. Sorry I can't be more helpful. You might want to try to find an online tuner if all else fails. What do you want to tune all 6 strings to and maybe I can help you figure out how to get there.