Page 1 of 5
Ive noticed a couple of things about Jackson Guitars latley. One is the lack of artists on their website, the only high profile guitarist with Jackson is Mark Morton, it seems that everyone else has left of ESP. The second thing is their strange drop in price. At he beginning of 2008, Gibsons went up about 100 dollars, Epiphones, schecters, and esps up about 50. However some of the Jackson Pro models went DOWN 40 dollars, thats a little weird. I hope Jackson isnt dying. I love their guitars, their MIJ series are great, and their MIA soloists are a dream. Theyre my favorite metal guitars, ESPs look cool but they dont sell them in my state so ive only tried a few. Also Jackson uses good tone woods on their guitars which is something a lot of metal guitar companys miss. Anyone have an idea whats going on here. I hope this isnt the end.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Yeah they really aren't doing much to keep the company going.. They haven't added much to their line, and their website hasn't been changed lately either.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Who owns Jackson right now?
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by halikus

Fender does.
Quote by halikus

Fender but I think Jackson is independent meaning Fender just gets some of the profits.. That could be the reason though..
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

The prices might be going down because they were slightly too high to begin with.
But yeah, it's kinda sad.. when you go to their website, you can download the "brand-new summer 2006 catalog"
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
I doubt it is actually dying. They are in kind of a low point, but pretty much every major guitar company has had bad points at some point.

I think the main reason so many people have gone to ESP is because ESP will build anything you could possibly want, and price is less of an issue for endorsement guitarists. ESP's line outside of Japan is pretty limited compared to everything they do, so it isn't as though there isn't room for Jackson.
they were slightly high but compared to Dean, the prices were great. And if you think about it, to get an alder or mahogany body with real EMGs or real Seymours would cost about the same with ESP
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Fender killed Jackson.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by diditfortehlulz
Fender killed Jackson.

Yup. Pretty much. Jacksons are one of my absolute favorite guitar companies...Sad thing.
F*cking Fender
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by PhantomNote
Yup. Pretty much. Jacksons are one of my absolute favorite guitar companies...Sad thing.
F*cking Fender

why does everyone blame fender?? I think the quality of the Fender era Jacksons is great, i have one and ive played many others. I think if fender hadnt bought jackson then all jackson guitars would be seling for 3000+ like Charvels are. Also they introduced the MIJ series which made them available to people on a smaller budget.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Me? I don't like fenders cuz to me all the strats look the same. I'm sorry strat players this isn\t anything personal it's just my point of view.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Quote by Simonwalker
Me? I don't like fenders cuz to me all the strats look the same. I'm sorry strat players this isn\t anything personal it's just my point of view.

nah its not that i was just wondering why people blame fender for Jackson demise
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
I though the MIJ models were around before Fender were on the scene.???

You has the 'Professional' series that were made in Japan and the 'Performer' series made in Korea'
Quote by Simonwalker

No problem at all. However, I believe all superstrats a la Jackson/Ibanez/ESP/every company ever look the same. The same can be said for most popular shapes dude.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Fuzzbox91
why does everyone blame fender?? I think the quality of the Fender era Jacksons is great, i have one and ive played many others. I think if fender hadnt bought jackson then all jackson guitars would be seling for 3000+ like Charvels are. Also they introduced the MIJ series which made them available to people on a smaller budget.

Jackson had Japanese guitars before Fender came around. The Professional series Jacksons were amazing. The new Pro Series is decent.

Someone get CJRocker in here to educate people about Jackson.
From what my local Jackson dealer tells me they've gone way way way downhill in terms of...well...everything. Sad thing to see but what can ya do?
it would be a shame if jackson died, i love jackson. fastest necks around
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by Tarzan_man
From what my local Jackson dealer tells me they've gone way way way downhill in terms of...well...everything. Sad thing to see but what can ya do?

yea thats what GC said, i picked up my DKMG brand new for $350 as opposed to the regular 750 dollars. It was asn 07 model and they were updating them for 08 so they had to get rid of the 07 models, i got a hell of a deal. someone told me that when Fender bought them they became more affordable and the quality stayed about the same. I wasnt playing guitar in 2002 so i wouldnt know but i dont understand why so many artists have ditched Jacksons, theyre great instruments, especially compared to Ibanez and Dean
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Jackson will never die,cause metal would die with Jackson,and that ain't happening.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
im wondering if its the market, i mean with the return of metal they should be doing well, but with many of the new genres being metalcore which is not at all shred oriented maybe people want thicker necks and thicker tone.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
its shecter if you ask me.

flashy cheap guitars, with EMG's, they are more shiney then the majority of jackson guitars.

its also a fact with companies like ibanez and dean, they have some kind of marketting gimmick that jackson lack, ibanez have lots of fancy trems and new technology, and dean are whoring dimes name, with lots of fancy paint jobs.

it all makes jackson look a bit boring,, its the metal culture nowerdays, people don't want to play a trusty old jackson, they'd rather play a Dimezorz special addition, with EMGS, a fancy paint job, and a pointy shape.
Quote by Simonwalker

+1

Whenever you hear "electric guitar" you think of a strat. However to me, they are the most boring looking instrument ever created. It's 2008 let Clapton play the strat.

I was originally considering a Warrior, but I've noticed this trend with Jackson as well. Fender just wants it gone I guess, otherwise they'd put $$$ into web development, marketing and such.
Jackson won't die. Dean "died" a looong time ago, but look at them now. ESP is taking a lot of Jackson's business because they pretty much carbon copy everyone, and when fender bought them out some key players left. Honestly, fender jacksons kick those malaysian(? whatever company owned them in the late 90's) ones asses. Fender isn't killing Jackson, kids who see metalcore bands with ESP's do.

I will play Jacksons for life, even if I have to grab out old soloists or RR's from pawn shops and restore them. Nothing's better than waking up in the morning and seeing that pearl logo eyeing you from across the room.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
oh yeah, and ESP, forgot to mention them, i ****ing hate ESP, and i don;t really know why...
Quote by Vittu0666
Jackson had Japanese guitars before Fender came around. The Professional series Jacksons were amazing. The new Pro Series is decent.

+1

The newer japs dont even compare imo.
Quote by Slayerdeath
i`d buy a jackson if there necks weren`t so horrible, there so thin, i don`t like them at all, which sucks because i`d really consider playing a jackson

Well that is their style. And its personal prefernce whether you like that profile or not.
Quote by False_God
+1

The newer japs dont even compare imo.

Well that is their style. And its personal prefernce whether you like that profile or not.

ya your right, but it`ll keep me from ever buying another one, but my Nephew just loves em , he plans on getting a Jackson Warrior, can`t remember the model but it comes with a LFR and EMG pickups. it`s freaking expenive like $840 when the WMD Warbeast i`m looking at is $740 and the Warbeast is a neck thru. the Warrior is a bolt on. but the Warbeast doen`t have EMG`s
Jackson won't die because there are guitars are to awsome!

there are so many people who would love to get one, it would
stupid to end it. because the prices of other guitars are going up
, its pretty smart to lower the prices so now we can buy an amazing
jackson guitar for $400 instead of a "o.k" dean or something
Quote by Supernaut2k
its shecter if you ask me.

flashy cheap guitars, with EMG's, they are more shiney then the majority of jackson guitars.

its also a fact with companies like ibanez and dean, they have some kind of marketting gimmick that jackson lack, ibanez have lots of fancy trems and new technology, and dean are whoring dimes name, with lots of fancy paint jobs.

it all makes jackson look a bit boring,, its the metal culture nowerdays, people don't want to play a trusty old jackson, they'd rather play a Dimezorz special addition, with EMGS, a fancy paint job, and a pointy shape.

I agree, Schecter has the thick tone and EMGs to brag about, ESP has a huge roster of artists to brag about, Dean has their pointy shapes and Dave Mustaine, ibanez has their thin necks. People see all these newer metal bands plying ESP and shecter Jackson has...Mark Morton??? Jackson seems boring to many people, what they dont realize is they have a balance of all of these things, they have amazing shredding necks like ibanez without the ****ty pikcups and tonewoods. I hate the feel of schecter, the body and pickups scream METAL but the neck screams NOT METAL!!! the necks are thicker than ****ing gibsons, i cant shred for **** on one of those things. I had a schecter C1 for two days, the pickups shorted out on the second day and i hated the neck so i returned it for an Epiphone Les Paul, great trade in. I may use Gibsons and Epis for pretty much everyhting else but when it comes to metal, Jackson will always hold a special place in my heart. I ddont think they will die, Gibson and Fender went through rough times in the 80s because they were considered boring next to jacksons and charvels, Theyre doing fine now, the rise of grunge and hard rock in the 90s brought them back in business. What Jackson (and all people who are awesome) need is a resurgence of THRASH METAL!!!!!
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91
What Jackson (and all people who are awesome) need is a resurgence of THRASH METAL!!!!!

It will be back dont you worry! A new wave of thrash tho!

Meh, Jackson wont die. Give Schecter and Esp a few more years and they will struggle because of the high quality parts they are putting on their guitars that are going cheap
Quote by Supernaut2k
oh yeah, and ESP, forgot to mention them, i ****ing hate ESP, and i don;t really know why...

-.- *sigh*

Jackson isn't dead, it's just that they have a huge lack of famous players. A lot of people like their guitars (me included). But since they got bought (lol) by Fender it's been kinda downhill.

But hey, just look at Dean! One day they're dead and the other day they say "Hey let's advertise our Dime models and use him as our dead *****". And there ya go. I hate Dean though (except for some ML's).
I Like Cake
I heard that Deans are greatly overpriced,Is it true?
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
basically....
ESP copies everyone else...
ESP WILL customize the **** out of your guitar, something that attracts a lot of big names to them.
Jackson has and always will be quite expensive.

basically..almost every company has had its down times..jackson still beats the **** out of pretty much any other guitar.

Schecter? PSHHH piece of trash really. all sparkly and stufff... I guess I didnt get the memo on how guitarists want sparkling flashy and tacky pieces of ****.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Jackson lack current innovation and artists IMO.

Jackson need:

1. New paintjobs
2. A dead artist they can milk money off
3. New Bridges/Pickups
4. More models in general
5. More mid-range models in the non-soloist/Dinky shape. Ie. King V and Warrior
6. More signature models
Quote by Megallica Dude
I heard that Deans are greatly overpriced,Is it true?

Hellyeah! Especially the Razorbacks or anything with Dime's name on it.

As for Jackson, I was on the site for the first time in a while the other day, and noticed the lack of artists and lack of updates...ESP and Dean definitely seem to be more popular in the metal world now, why, I don't know. I love my Jackson, it's by far the best guitar I've ever played, guess a lot of other players are thinking differently of late! I dunno...

As for prices though, on thomann.de many Jackson guitars have gone up in price. I got my KV2 in the summer - it wasn't on sale - and it's gone up by like €400 :O however maybe that's just that website?
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
Jackson was the shyt in the 80's and 90's.. everyone had to have one...

But they are dying. They are not desired like they use to be and they are getting their arse kicked by the competitors.

Jackson better get on their game and start building nicer for cheaper.
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
I love how everyone is bashing on the companys that they don't like!

"I don't like ESP beacuse I don't play metal and uuh, yeah they're copying everyone duude"
"Schecter blows beacuse they take time to make their guitars look shiny."

Give me a ****ing break, how does a guitar that's shiny lack anything in let's say quality?
It's almost like a trend to like Jackson in this thread beacuse you're "special" if you do. And you're also "metal" pft bull****. Jackson makes great guitars but their quality has really gone down lately.
I Like Cake
Page 1 of 5