Skweee is a new musical genre hailing from the scandinavien countries such as Sweden, Finland and Norway.

Skweee is basically a mix of funky lead synthesizers and bass riffs with a touch of
8-bit soundscapes, which also makes it "The synthetic funk".

There has been some releases made with skweee mostly on 7inch vinyl records but there has also been three compilation records released, one on cd and two on 12inch vinyl.

There are two major skweee lables at the moment;
Flogsta Danshall (Swe) , an original skweee label managed by the swedish electro legend Pavan.

Harmönia (Fin), a more recent Finnish label managed by a various artist such as Mesak, Randy Barracuda......

These two labels have respectively released;

Museum of Future Sounds ( Flogsta)

Hamörnia skweee vol 1

and

Harmönia skweee vol 2

Two new compilation albums are to be released around march this year.

Links:

www.nationofskweee.com

www.flogstadanshall.com

www.myspace.com/flogstadanshall

www.myspace.com/harmoenia

www.wikipedia.com/skweee

Skweee is a new and fun so check it out !

oak
Sorry, but that's the worst genre name EVER invented.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
man , just check out the music and then tell me what you think !
Will do, but seriously, why did they go for skwee? I'd rather castrate myself than say I listen to skwee...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
the name skweee is originated from the idea of "sqeezing" out the last juice of your synthesizer, instrument or what you now use.... that's what makes the sound of skweee so simple and stripped down.
Last edited by oak at Feb 20, 2008,
it's very funny how people question a new genre instead of listening to the music.

maybe i'm just naiv to think that people would give a ****
he's a very nice guy who makes very good music, you can download his new skweee album at www.beem.se, great stuff.
Quote by oak
it's very funny how people question a new genre instead of listening to the music.

maybe i'm just naiv to think that people would give a ****

Skween, Raasclat.

I just find the name funny, I might give it a listen in a while, but at the moment I'm having fun making tiresome "puns" out of its name, know what I skweeen?
Quote by DanRev
Skween, Raasclat.

I just find the name funny, I might give it a listen in a while, but at the moment I'm having fun making tiresome "puns" out of its name, know what I skweeen?

there are actually many catch-phrases with the term skweee that skweee artists have made up such as; why does it hurt when i skweee, skweee you later, skweee on, skweeep on skweeepin on, skweeep it kool......