does anyone know anything about them??? ive heard people say that there not worth the money. are they any good ive seen that zakk wylde plays them so can they really be that bad some advice would be good
zakk doesn't play them afaik he plays a modded jcm800. nothing like the MG.

They're OK (and that's it) as a practice amp but nothing more.

but you can get better for the money
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
ive got the mg50 and i think its really good, and dont get why people dislike them, but then again ive never tried any other mashall
ok does he do a mg micro stack then?

what about them as a half stack ive seen one for arround £300 and it looks good dunno about tone tho
I have a mg30 and it suited me for a while, but now ive owned it for 4 months and now I feel that for my money i could have gotten something with cleaner cleans or less grainy overdrive
Don't bash Hip-Hop or Rap, it just makes you look like an idiot.
don't get a half stack mg. do not. MGs are ok for practice amps, but never get a higher watt one because they sound incredibly bad when turned up.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
well im looking at buying a new amp and a pedal set maybe even build my own so id be playing it on clean so im not too fussed about the inbuilt effects and stuff
the whole MG series (beyond the 30 watt ones) are completely unnecessary.

IMO the only thing an MG is useful for is a practice/bedroom amp. The stacks are a waste of money, for the same amount you can get a decent valve combo if you go used. I know it's possible because I did it.

When you buy an MG you pay for the name of marshall without getting any of the things that made that name famous.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by tom_1106
right ok so good praqctice amp bad anything else???

ACCEPTABLE practice amp bad anything else. I really dislike them. The guitarist in my old band had one when I was starting to play and even then I didn't think the tone was all that great. I didn't think it was bad but I knew you could get so much better.

Quote by element4433
Quote by slashrules!!!
ive had mine for nearly two years, soon im upgrading to the vintage modern

Thats just as bad.
Another overpriced marshall
*sigh*

Unless you can crank it, vintage moderns don't sound good.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Well, Zakk doesn't know squat about tone, so it's understandable that he'd endorse the MG.

But yeah, they're okay practice amps.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
so if i want a practice amp which i dnt look at them im looking for one i can gig with tho
So what should i get? I have a Kustom Dart 10
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Quote by tom_1106
so if i want a practice amp which i dnt look at them im looking for one i can gig with tho

Then stay the hell away from the MGs, they are the worst choice you could possibly make for a gigging amp, get a used tube combo; you do not need a half stack and you don't need more than 30 watts of tube power.

What genres do you play and what is your budget?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by slashrules!!!
ive got the mg50 and i think its really good, and dont get why people dislike them, but then again ive never tried any other mashall

There's your problem. Try a JCM800 full stack sometime and you'll see just how ****ty the MGs are.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
ok ill check ebay and places like that are marshall combos worth it and are they pricey new and used?
I like the combos. They're good if you don't have room to put a 1/2 stack somewhere. I'm probably going to get a JCM800 combo soon, they usually go for $700-$1000, I was at Guitar Center the other day and a JCM800 Head alone costed $2000! So the combos are much cheaper.

But I'm talking tubes.... I believe you said you wanted just a practice amp....
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
well im looking for a practice amp but im also looking for a giging one when giging we usually use the inhous stuff but were starting to do bigger gigs and im looking for something that i could gig with as well incase i need to take my own amp so it means i dont have to hire one to use for the night
both of those combos are too expensive. I have a half tube at home but the distortion knob is wierd... As in it has to be pushed in otherwise you don't get any sound...

Which one of these should i get?
http://kytary.cz/behringer-gm-108/21341/?SE592:0:0:1:0
or
http://kytary.cz/crate-kytarove-kombo-flex-wave-series-fw15/96531/?SE592:0:0:1:0
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Last edited by Simonwalker at Feb 19, 2008,
People that say that the MG half stacks are crap at everything are total noobs

They make AWESOME bonfire lighters
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
^ Sigged!

And I'll second what just about everyone else is saying. I had a 10-watt MG, it was decent for bedroom practice. If you want an acceptable gigging amp, shoot for a tube combo.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
After i played my friend's Marshall JVM800 with a Vigier i really understood by what people said on this forum as making your guitar sound like a girl screaming
/CENTER]
Get a Fender Blues Junior.

More than loud enough, and with a good distortion pedal, will do any style of music under the sun.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by thankyougermany
I like the combos. They're good if you don't have a stadium to play in.

Fixed.

You. Do. Not. EVER. Need. A. Half. Stack.

(Unless the amp of your choice doesn't come in combo form.)

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.