Hey whats up? Im thinking about buying a line 6 Spider III head and half stack. I posted a blog but nobody will answer it. I just want to know what other guitarists think before I buy one. I've played on one at guitar center and I think its a great amp for the money., But I would like to here someones opinion that has a little more experience. please let me know all of your opinions good or bad. THANXX.
i can't say i'm a fan. they have some cool effects. i love the line 6 dl4 and mm4 pedals.. but the amps are just solid state when they come down to it. dont sound the greatest at loud volumes. you might want to consider trying to go for a used tube amp. just my 2 cents. no disrespect.
Quote by dsubstanceuk
Pros - Impossible
Cons - Line 6

Line 6 do make good stuff. It appears though, that you base this on spider-haters. I can understand people who don't like spiders, but hating the company says you're stupid.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
CRAP!! Don't buy one, they sound like dingo's kidneys! My friend bought one for his melodic metal band, and it was just pure utter junk! No low end, crappy distortion and even the modelled effects are crap and the volume levels suck! Do not buy this amp!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I own a old Marshall Mk. II 50w. My roommate owns a line 6 spider III. We usually play rock paper scissors for the Marshall. But in all seriousness, its not a horrid amp. The cleans sound decent (fairly warm and not to harsh) and it has a nice modern high gain metally sound. Thats about it. The effects are cool, but not the best i've heard. Anything else it struggles. Any sort of classic rock crunch if fails horribly at in comparison to the real thing, and we've played some gretches and gibsons through it. Also, it just doesn't open up nice like the Marshall when you crank it.
But, if after trying out some other amps ( I'd suggest a peavey, mesa boogie, or marshall) you still think the line 6 sounds good. Buy it. Its your tone, your decision. But if you find that you like a more expensive amp, save up and look for it used. Its worth it.
The Spider III half-stack is unnecessary in just about all situations.

Bedroom Practice - get yourself a 15- or 30-watt Spider III combo.
Gigging, same general music - get yourself a 30-watt tube combo.
Gigging, several types of music - get yourself a Spider Valve combo.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
The Spider III half-stack is unnecessary in just about all situations.

Bedroom Practice - get yourself a 15- or 30-watt Spider III combo.
Gigging, same general music - get yourself a 30-watt tube combo.
Gigging, several types of music - get yourself a Spider Valve combo.

This guy speaks the truth. A Spider III HS is pretty much a complete waste of money.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by dsubstanceuk
fixed

Not all Spiders are bad, and they're good if you're just starting out and want to mess with your sound.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by Simsimius
Line 6 do make good stuff. It appears though, that you base this on spider-haters. I can understand people who don't like spiders, but hating the company says you're stupid.

It appears that you haven't read the first post. It's about a spider in particular. Better luck next time
Well I can't say it's a good choise of you..
IF I would ever buy a Line6 amp I'd surely won't choose the Spider series (Yea I have done it before, so I can say they're crap)

It depends on what you want, you want the halfstack for gigs and stuff? Because when you only play at home just buy a smaller combo, with a nice sound (no weird extras and stuff) and then just use a Line6 PODxt
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
What's your budget and your plans for the gear you buy? How will you be using it? What are your current pieces of equipment? What style music do you play?
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by Roc8995
It appears that you haven't read the first post. It's about a spider in particular. Better luck next time

One guy said "pros-impossible, cons-line6" which came off as he was basing hating line6 b/c he hated spiders which is pretty much dumb because they make great products minus the spider series. maybe you should re read the post he was originally talking about.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
I saw a guy perform at my local battle of the bands with a spider hs and he got horrible just horrible feedback, but im not sure if it was the amp or him just being to close. Also i used to own a combo spider and they dont sound at all good cranked, yes its not a hs version but still.
I have a 120watt spider. It's not bad, but it isn't great. I would have a smaller one, but it only cost $150 used and it in great condition when I bought it, it still is.

Quote by yocomobebes
I saw a guy perform at my local battle of the bands with a spider hs and he got horrible just horrible feedback, but im not sure if it was the amp or him just being to close. Also i used to own a combo spider and they dont sound at all good cranked, yes its not a hs version but still.

No i's not the amp, they are actually very low noise, even without using the built in noise gate.
I have a Line 6 spider III 15. Its a great amp for practise in a bedroom but, if you going to perform for people, then its not the best amp in the world. The distortion is not that great. I got a comment on my Mp3 saying that i have a bad distortion. Don't think the compony Line 6 is sh*t. Its the spider series. Getting a half stack spider is not a good idea. And what other people say, full volume= Not great and you'll get a butt-load of feedback no matter what.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Pros: none
cons: you dont use the search bar

there might just be a hundred threads on people asking, "Should I get a Line 6 Spider? I it a good amp?"

I thought it was pretty fun to play around with. It has effects and band settings and **** so I enjoyed playing it. I think it would be good if you were trying to write a song. But for gigging? God no. You need a tube combo my friend. Not sure what you play, but maybe a Valveking or a Crate Palomino. if you are gigging, the valveking 112, because you probably are not playing arenas. If you are just at home, the Palomino v16 would be good.