hey, I recorded this songs a couple days ago. let me know what you think.. it's going to be re-recorded later, this is just a rough demo. we screwed up with our timing mid-way through. no vox yet, obviously.

Address http://kerryritter.com/uploads/mkay.wma

i used..

Guitar
Silvertone SFB-1 -- > MXR Phase 90 -- > Marshall JCM2000 and some crappy cab
Bass
Cort bass --DI--> MBox
Drums
Roland V-Drums --DI--> Mbox

I used an MBox2 to a Protools 7 LE interface.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Last edited by DiveRightIn63 at Feb 19, 2008,
sorry for the bump, but i want to be more clear; i'm looking more for recording and mixing tips for this demo.

song suggestions are, of course, always appreciated though.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Hey pretty good powerpop song. Was wondering though i see you're using Pro Tools and an Mbox2, I have the same setup however mine has been giving me problems, like recorded audio wont play back in Pro Tools our for some reason I can only record a couple seconds of audio. Do you have any idea how to fix these problems?????
Quality wise it sounds great, your drumming falls a bit behind at around mid way, not by much but its noticeable. Its a bit too happy for me but I enjoyed it.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by guitarvirtue88
Hey pretty good powerpop song. Was wondering though i see you're using Pro Tools and an Mbox2, I have the same setup however mine has been giving me problems, like recorded audio wont play back in Pro Tools our for some reason I can only record a couple seconds of audio. Do you have any idea how to fix these problems?????

the only thing i can think of is the pre/post roll thing is on where it only plays/records in the area between the flags on the ruler.

and thanks GCSux . And yeah I know the drums screwed up the timing, i mentioned it in the post
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Thanks for the crit!

First off, the main riff sounded a little dry when it was on its own. Maybe add some quiet bass to fill out the sound a bit. Once the other stuff kicked in it sounded great though. I really like all the little licks/riffs in the song. Drums, rhythm guitar, and bass sound good too. Overall this is pretty solid, music and quality wise. Good power pop. Just add some vocals and you'll have a pretty good song.

Nice work.