Okay, I'd like to know if there are any good battery powered amps that exist. I wouldn't mind having a small amp that I could bring around with me wherever I go, but I pretty much expected all the ones at the local music hop to suck (and they did). I'm guessing big manufacturing companies don't expect too many people to be interested in buying such small amps, so they don't put much effort into the design. Can anyone shed some light on this, and perhaps recommend me a good portable amp if they exist?
i bought one after seeing school of rock--they suck-its the marshal mini halfstack
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
The Micro Cube is pretty decent, it can be mains powered or take 6 AA batteries.

Mines been pretty beat up and still works great. Pretty loud for a little thing to.
I built my own, and it sounds brilliant. Much better than the crappy big-name brand ones.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^ I love that Ruby amp! I wish I could build one myself
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
I recently baught the Roland Micro Cube and it is worth it! It runs on 6AAs or from the mains (adaptor included). Pre amps into 6 diff amps and does several effects straight out the tin!

Plently loud, i played today in glasgow city center and didn't even need to "crank it up" to be heard over the hustle and bustle. the only thing i'd want on top of what it has is a seperate mic input, but hey it has pretty much everything else.

i love it!!!
Quote by led_graeme
I recently baught the Roland Micro Cube and it is worth it! It runs on 6AAs or from the mains (adaptor included). Pre amps into 6 diff amps and does several effects straight out the tin!

Plently loud, i played today in glasgow city center and didn't even need to "crank it up" to be heard over the hustle and bustle. the only thing i'd want on top of what it has is a seperate mic input, but hey it has pretty much everything else.

i love it!!!

It has a 1/4 inch line in that you could plug a mic into...